Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE problems : Help (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE problems

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE problems

by deadilus » December 18th, 2015, 9:59 am

Hi there,

I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, so hopefully not a duplication...

I have a new Linx 1010B and have been plagued by the new-style BSOD with the message DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE at various (seemingly random) times - sometimes the talet will BSOD straight after a windows update reboot, sometimes it goes for hours of various use without problems.

The tablet has suffered this problem both from new (after having done all Windows Updates), and following on from a clean Win10 x86 rebuild (although some of those drivers were sourced from a backup so may still be problematic).

I have unchecked everything with a power management setting in Device Manager, and have set the power options to not sleep (and hibernate is disabled completely). I am at a loss as to what is causing this.

Is anyone else suffering the same, or is it just me??? And if you have suffered it, have you got a fix?

I will try and get some dump files next time it occurs.

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Amazon.co.uk
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE problems

by mole08 » December 28th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Me to deadilus. Been through the same as you. First clean install left lots of missing drivers. Cleared those except PCI encryption/decryption device which I could not identify. Managed to find driver in win.old folder that I had kept (phew). Turned out to be trusted execution engine which I am not sure the ramifications of. Thought problems had gone but after a day or so system started to shut down, no blue BSOD this time or message. Did a second clean install all drivers update bar the PCI one. Was replying to your post when bam system gone. Have now gone down system restart route keeping files intact. Again no PCI driver. Have also disabled sleep and WiFi when in slumber settings, got a feeling this may be significant. Not going to reload any software at present, although I do have an SD card installed, and will just keep tablet going in browser (ie 11) and default mail app to see when it falls over again. Sadly I did not keep the crashdump files as these have been overwritten, but I could not find any meaningful answers from them ( ACPI.sys) springs to mind. At present there are a number of downloads scheduled (Intel graphics) which I am going to resist if I can.

If anyone can shed any light on this problem then I too would be grateful.
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Local store

by harlequin1963 » January 13th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Is anyone else suffering the same, or is it just me??? And if you have suffered it, have you got a fix?

Yes , suffering from same , plus a problem where the screen no longer rotates , i fixed that one once already.
Either windows 10 has real problems on the linx1010b ( i have no similar problems on my xeon server ) or the 1010b is just unlucky , i have yet to see any bluescreens on windows10 from early beta till now , on any of my other machines.

Looks to me like it is a power-saving related problem.

Retailer: Amazon

by mole08 » January 13th, 2016, 11:06 pm

Well since doing the system reset and disabling sleep/hibernation the tab has been stable with no crashes for the past couple of weeks. Obviously this hasn't found the root course of the problem but I can live with that. I have forced the tab to sleep on many occasions and it has woken without any ongoing problems. I see there are a mountain of upgrades in the pipeline so there may be more shocks to come. I wish win 10 users could control the upgrades a bit more.
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: Local store

by Antcas » January 19th, 2016, 8:12 pm

I have the same problem, if you have any ideas let me know.

Retailer: gift

by robgodfrey » May 5th, 2016, 9:58 am

I'm having the same problem. Did anyone get to the bottom of it?

Thanks

Rob

Retailer: eBay

by TomBailey3330 » January 8th, 2017, 8:48 pm

I think I have found a fix. This fix will change your battery percentage counter to Unknown remaining, but will stop the crashing (it did in my case).

Go to System32\drivers
Look for intelpowermanagement.sys
Rename it to intelbatterymanagement.sys.old
Reboot your tablet
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by F0LLETT » January 8th, 2017, 8:51 pm

TomBailey3330 wrote:I think I have found a fix. This fix will change your battery percentage counter to Unknown remaining, but will stop the crashing (it did in my case).

Go to System32\drivers
Look for intelpowermanagement.sys
Rename it to intelbatterymanagement.sys.old
Reboot your tablet

What happens if you alter the power management in intel settings before doing this.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by TomBailey3330 » January 10th, 2017, 7:53 am

Absolutely no idea!
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie