Remove Advertisement

Odd power issue - problem starting

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Odd power issue - problem starting

Postby Curried-Cat » October 19th, 2015, 10:21 pm

I'm running Windows 10 and everything seems fine except I now have issues turning the tablet back on.

If I use it to put the tablet to sleep then I can easily wake it up with a single press of the button. However if I shut the tablet down getting it to boot again is hit and miss. The normal holding down the power button till the logo comes up just doesn't work. Trying to enter the bios doesn't work either. It seems there are only two ways to get it to boot.

1. Plug it is and then try booting. This sometimes works. The tablet isn't needing charging as it can be at 90%+ when booted.

2. Randomly pressing and holding the power button for long periods of time and if I'm luck it'll turn back on.

As I can turn the tablet back on easily from sleep I'm guessing there's nothing wrong with the button. I have noticed that when it does reboot Windows 10 is always finishing an update. Is it failing to do an update?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Curried-Cat
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Odd power issue - problem starting

Postby varnish » October 25th, 2015, 9:41 pm

I can't help you but I have a similar problem where I have to hold the power button on for about 3 seconds to boot the tablet. Is this normal? It's been like this since I got it.
varnish
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Cex

Postby Curried-Cat » October 28th, 2015, 7:15 pm

varnish wrote:I can't help you but I have a similar problem where I have to hold the power button on for about 3 seconds to boot the tablet. Is this normal? It's been like this since I got it.

If you shut the tablet down then that is normal.
Curried-Cat
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Postby Curried-Cat » October 28th, 2015, 7:16 pm

It's now not responding to waking from sleep. I'm now having to enter the bios to get it to wake up and even then it's hit and miss. Ideas?
Curried-Cat
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Return to Help (Linx 8)