Remove Advertisement

How good is Steam Streaming on the Linx? Very tempted to buy

Fingers at the ready! Gaming on the Linx!

How good is Steam Streaming on the Linx? Very tempted to buy

Postby JohnSantina » October 17th, 2015, 8:46 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry to kick off my first post with such a vague question, but long story short, I'm considering getting a tablet for Steam Streaming.

I'm fortunate enough to own a pretty beastly PC and at the moment I Steam Stream to my laptop to play elsewhere in the house. It streams flawlessly. The only problem is the laptop is obviously quite large and our daughter sure does love to grab and pull it every second she gets! Something more portable would be really helpful and would mean my wife could just take this laptop - it's only a matter of time untik the little one rips the screen from the unit anyway!!

The thing is, I take games fairly seriously - I don't mind losing, but at the same time I seriously hate lag and latency and anything else which ruins the experience for me. I tend to play games that need good reactions, so lag can ruin the experience. It doesn't have to be perfect, but not to the point where it seriously impacts the game.

I am tempted in the Linx 7, Linx 8 and the Linx Vision (whenever it is released)

For those who have any of these systems, how has your experience been with Steam Stream? Is it worth getting for this purpose?

The Linx Vision has 2BG of RAM plus the controls, so I may wait for reviews of that, but...your thoughts would be massively appreciated, as I already have a controller and just want to get on with it to be honest lol

Thank you for your time.
JohnSantina

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: N/A
Windows Version: None

Remove Ad

Return to Gaming (All Devices)