Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Un Bricking Service : Hardware Modifications (All Devices)

Un Bricking Service

Loads of soldering required.... probably.

Forum rules

Any of the modifications in here are more than likely going to void any warranty you have on your tablet, if you're not willing to lose the warranty, do not try these mods. LinxTablet, nor the poster of the modification is not liable for any damage caused to your tablet by attempting modifications

Un Bricking Service

by Phil G » August 14th, 2015, 11:10 pm

Hey Peeps

Ok as some of you are aware bricking is a pretty much inevitable thing if you start tweaking the bios, as a result of this Bodge99 created the re flash guide to unbrick and make them usable.

now his guide makes use of the Raspberry Pi and the clip tool which is a small outlay and i know some of you here probably are not in a position to shell out £40-£50 to repair a £50-£100 Tablet.

I can confirm that I'm more than happy to re flash your tablet so it is working again. (cannot guarantee recovery of your Product key (mine was non recoverable am looking into this just wondering if the bios tweaks i did killed the firmware) but if you are still on your original windows you will be able to pull it from the registry)

the Catch i heard you say.......? well i will charge for the service and you will have to send the tablet to me with a means to return (i.e prepaid SAE(or box) i will insist on recorded deliveries)

if you have any questions please just ask

* for those interested in repairing their own, i will be creating a video using Bodges Guide showing you the Whole Process

* Forgot to mention i have spoken with Dann about this and he has OK'd me to offer this service, as he knows it will help some of you out

!
Mod Note:Neither LinxTablet.co.uk or Dann are responsible for any loss of data, any irreversible damage, or devices not returned to yourself. This is a member service and isn't affiliated with LinxTablet in any way. Devices that have been subject to this service will have their warranty voided. Please make sure you've backed your product key up before using this service.
Last edited by Phil G on November 22nd, 2015, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: online
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Un Bricking Service

by Dann » August 15th, 2015, 5:10 pm

Please contact Phil directly via private message for any questions or Queries. This thread is only to be used for feedback on his service.
Dann
Admin
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Staples UK

by Phil G » August 28th, 2015, 8:15 am

ok this is just a rough video as I have no editing skills what so ever when it comes to videos

wiring setup on raspberry pi2

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

and heres the video this shows the whole process from start to finish from a fresh install of raspian, so ideally you can go wrong
P.S note I also show how to read the product key but I haven't re added it as I had already flashed my bios before bricking it (go me yay!!)

Premium Member
Premium Member

by Phil G » September 24th, 2015, 8:50 pm

update

can confirm that the product key extraction works fine and so does the re adding it back to the fresh bios install

below is a video of a tablet I received from @aqarta, this wouldn't boot beyond the linx logo and the video shows why

over 60 boot devices!!!!!!!!!! on further discussion with @aqarta it was apparent he was using 3rd party imaging programs to image his whole disk and this obviously had gone a bit awol and resulted in the bad firmware that couldn't be reverted to defaults.

I can confirm 100% this is now working as intended and and once @aqarta receives it back, I hope he will express his gratitude and confirm he is happy with my service

Premium Member
Premium Member

by Phil G » November 22nd, 2015, 11:29 pm

hello again peeps

had another tablet in today, this time a linx 8 from user @pug957

symptoms were switching on but now display and camera light solid red, user stated they had been fiddling in the firmware and may have changed a setting. this was to be the case, i have now reflashed this 1 however i wasnt able to recover the product key from the fw (unsure if it had previously been updated)

tablet is now working as it should be, and will be shipped back to user, and bring them a nice smile to their face
Premium Member
Premium Member

by wskinny » August 26th, 2016, 6:33 pm

Sorry for disturbing, but does anyone know of a way to clear/default/reset the BIOS/CMOS settings without having to open the tablet?

Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by gleebo » February 28th, 2017, 4:40 pm

anyone know if this guy still provides this service

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: pc world
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home