Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Charging light permanently on : Help (Linx 1010 & Linx 1010 3G)

Charging light permanently on

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Charging light permanently on

by arrkon » January 11th, 2018, 11:09 pm

Hi guys, Linx 1010b has recently started keeping the red charging light on despite the charger being unplugged, Windows also thinks its charging.

Any idea whats going on? obviously its messing with the estimated runtime and other features.

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Charging light permanently on

by F0LLETT » January 12th, 2018, 11:51 am

arrkon wrote:Hi guys, Linx 1010b has recently started keeping the red charging light on despite the charger being unplugged, Windows also thinks its charging.

Any idea whats going on? obviously its messing with the estimated runtime and other features.

I get this on my Vision, only when I leave it turned on and it goes to a full sleep. Even though, sleep and hibernation are disabled. It still goes into a sleep mode eventually. My Desktop does it to after 2 hours of no input. Quite annoying as I have disabled all that crap.

You have to shutdown, wait a few secs, plug power cable back in, wait a few more secs. Then unplug cable and turn it back on. It should workout it not charging and it will work fine.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by arrkon » January 18th, 2018, 11:09 pm

I've tried full shutdown, splitting it and physically disconnecting the battery, different chargers. Still doing it. :x

Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

by erdie » July 26th, 2018, 5:46 pm

mine is doing the same thing, plus I noticed today that it is running really hot even when just on battery.

Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by ubrain » August 13th, 2018, 10:26 pm

Same issue here - it's been driving me mad! But it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Basically, the issue, as far as I can figure, is two fold:

-The tablet remains in "Power mode (plugged In)" and never switches to "Power mode (battery)" whether there's a charger plugged in or not. The machine always thinks a charger is plugged in and will charge when actually plugged in but will display "Plugged in (discharging)" when not plugged in.

- Further though, as erdie mentioned, it seems to be running really hot. It's not just that it wont switch to Power mode (battery), it's burning power at a stupid rate when in Power mode (plugged in). This means the battery charges really slowly unless the machine is completely turned off. Even in sleep mode it's running hot!

My theory thus far is that, trying to be clever on our behalf MS have put all power saving methods into Battery mode and Win10 seems to run the processor at full speed the whole time when it thinks it's plugged in which, in this case, is all the time. After all, why not rev it to the max, who would need to save power when plugged in eh? There is no global warming: the president said so :roll:

Now this puts me in a tricky position. My Linx1010 tablet is for monitoring and controlling a solar power system. Until recently it sat there, running on minimal power settings, not sapping the system of the power we collect out of the sky. All of a sudden, I realise something is draining the system and whadya know, an unsolicited Windows update has totally reset the carefully balanced power settings and is now draining the main battery and creating a fire risk by running the processor permanently at full tilt - the heat of the machine when I discovered it was such that I couldn't touch the back. I'm quite surprised it didn't fail entirely.

But what to do?
I've been round and round the ridiculous Win10 options and screens and menus.
I've tried the registry tweak setting CsEnabled to 0 but that doesn't help.
Is it possible to get old versions of Win10, from before it was broken?
Is it feasible to run the Linx1010 under Win7?

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 8.1

by ubrain » August 17th, 2018, 1:54 am

OK - almost as if in response to my post... 2 days ago MS released a Win10 update that addressed various bugs including 'Caused overheating on some processors' - still though, the machine is stuck in "Power mode (plugged in)" and there's no mention of a fix there so I think I'm going to cut my losses and move on.

I've had 3 Linx tablets in a row for this project and the system has never been reliable enough that we could call it 'stable'.
The first 2 linxs went by charge circuit failure (possible due to unstable voltages) and screen failure (possible an over heat) but most of the rest of the instability has been as a result of Windows updates messing things up periodically. Even when I've switched them off or tried to block them, at some point my choices have been ignored/over-ridden and the system has gone down again.

I spent enough time trying to fix this this time that, finding out for sure that its a win update issue again just converts all my frustration into resentment and this morning I picked up an Android tablet. It wasn't easy finding one with 2 x USB ports but an Acer Iconia does and at £98 figured it was worth a punt. Well I'm up and running already - things are looking up.
Maybe I'll be back here if I find an excuse to re-purpose the 1010B but until then - thanks for all the fish, as they say ;)

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 8.1