Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Where to buy? : General (All Devices)

Where to buy?

General chit-chat on Linx Devices.

Forum rules

This forum is for general Linx tablet chat, if you have a post/query regarding a certain Linx device, please post it into the correct area for that tablet.

Where to buy?

by Popc0rn » January 6th, 2018, 7:45 pm

Where or when would you suggest buying a Linx 12x64? I'm desperately wanting to upgrade to one. The 12v64 are cheaper but from what I've read the 12x64 are leagues apart in terms of quality and performance.

Really need an expert's advice...
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Where to buy?

by Pete12x64 » January 6th, 2018, 9:45 pm

I got mine from the Microsoft store for £179.99. The downside was it took a week to arrive rather then next day.

They are normally £199 but if you meet the criteria for the offer, £179. Just click the option and see if you qualify.

Failing that I would have probably gone with Amzon at £199. Some of the high-street stores do it too like PC World, I suppose if you want a more direct place you could return it if faulty.
Linx12x64 + Win10 Pro + BitLocker + Samsung EvoPlus 64Gb + BT Mouse
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: Microsoft

by JustAC » January 6th, 2018, 9:57 pm

In my personal opinion, if you can ever get a device on Amazon at the right price, do it. Its currently selling for £199 and the reason I love Amazon for electronics is because they have an absolutely no quibble return policy from my experience. If you have Prime, next day delivery is a great perk.

Linx Tablet: --- New Models ---
Retailer: Linx 14, Tesco

by F0LLETT » January 7th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Popc0rn wrote:Where or when would you suggest buying a Linx 12x64? I'm desperately wanting to upgrade to one. The 12v64 are cheaper but from what I've read the 12x64 are leagues apart in terms of quality and performance.

Really need an expert's advice...

Cheapest place I have found is here, You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

JustAC wrote:In my personal opinion, if you can ever get a device on Amazon at the right price, do it. Its currently selling for £199 and the reason I love Amazon for electronics is because they have an absolutely no quibble return policy from my experience. If you have Prime, next day delivery is a great perk.

The only problem with "no quibble return policy", is people abuse it. I hate such things, simply due to people ordering things, decide they dont want it because they could not be bothered to read any descriptions. Then its returned and becomes a second hand product and you lose any profit you may have ever had.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by JustAC » January 7th, 2018, 3:19 pm

F0LLETT wrote:The only problem with "no quibble return policy", is people abuse it. I hate such things, simply due to people ordering things, decide they dont want it because they could not be bothered to read any descriptions. Then its returned and becomes a second hand product and you lose any profit you may have ever had.

Amazon like the other big guns love their algorithms. Its claimed they know when policies are being abused but its something we have to weigh the pros and cons of to be fair. A lot of retailers wouldn't budge on electronics even in cases where you're not getting what you paid for. In reality, its probably a very small percentage of these items that get returned, but for a lot of us its good to have peace of mind.

Linx Tablet: --- New Models ---
Retailer: Linx 14, Tesco

by Squirrel2015 » January 7th, 2018, 9:12 pm

F0LLETT wrote:
Cheapest place I have found is here, You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

This one has £9 + charge for delivery; £11+ for next day; so need to add this into the costs
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010

by Popc0rn » January 10th, 2018, 3:19 pm

This advice was brilliant, thank you. All sorted.
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10