Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - 1020 Bios download : Help (Linx 1020)

1020 Bios download

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

1020 Bios download

by tomjacster » March 28th, 2018, 9:39 am

Hi everyone.
Does anyone have the latest 1020 bios bin file? I've search the download threads but can't find it.
I purchased a dead 1020 and I'm wanting to reflash the bios in case it has corrupted.
Thanks in advance.

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: Ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: 1020 Bios download

by Buzz54 » April 20th, 2018, 12:20 pm

If this is still an issue I still have the original Linx update program and instructions for deployment saved in a zip file (about 12mb).
Looking quickly at the instructions it looks like the program needs to be deployed from a pre-Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 installation with internet access.
If you can get any response from the tablet, you may be able to roll back to the original software and deploy the patch from that point.
I have recovered a 1020 myself very successfully but it must be said that I have slept since then so many of the details are a bit bleary.
If you still need the file I think you can request to send a message by email and I will respond with the zip archive and any tech support that I can remember.
Keep on tapping.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: CCL Computers

by fredbratton » May 3rd, 2018, 7:28 am

Hi just gone to try and update my windows 10 to the new 1803 version and it requests updated bios but i cannot find any has anyone else had this problem and found the solution ?? thanks in advance :)

Linx Tablet: Linx 1020
Retailer: Amazon

by PaulPearce » May 4th, 2018, 8:43 am

I have exactly the same issue. I haven't found a solution yet.

The message says "Contact your PC manufacturer to see if you can upgrade the system BIOS"

But is the BIOS really the issue? From my experience the first port of call of for inexplicable errors is to blame out of date firmware or BIOS.

To start with I thought it might be due to a lack of disk space as the Windows.old folder from a previous upgrade was still present and there was only about 4GB free, so I ran Disk Cleanup and I now have 13.4GB free, but still get the problem.

I also noticed that the C: partition is Bitlocker encrypted. I don't know a) if that is how the Linx 1020 is shipped, but I configure it so, and b) if it has a bearing on the problem, but I am unencrypting it now to see if it helps.

Does anyone know if log files are created which might give a clue to the actual reason for the failure?

Thanks
Paul

Retailer: Probrand

by PaulPearce » May 4th, 2018, 8:46 am

Update to my previous post:

a. Error correction, I didn't configure the Bitlocker encryption

b. Turning the encryption off didn't resolve the issue

Retailer: Probrand

by stbroadd01 » May 4th, 2018, 2:08 pm

Hi,
I have been running v1803 for 5 days and its early days but seems fine, last year a bios/firmware update came out to fix Wi-Fi and battery drain issues, I applied it to my 1020 then updated from anniversary , creators, to latest update and it seems fine.

regards,
Daz
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Grys computers

by Missionman » May 13th, 2018, 1:15 pm

Hello, Any idea how you managed to get it to update, mine says the BIOS needs updating ? I have been sent a firmware update but it doesn't seem to have made any difference ? Thanks
stbroadd01 wrote:Hi,
I have been running v1803 for 5 days and its early days but seems fine, last year a bios/firmware update came out to fix Wi-Fi and battery drain issues, I applied it to my 1020 then updated from anniversary , creators, to latest update and it seems fine.

regards,
Daz

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: amazon

by stbroadd01 » May 13th, 2018, 5:12 pm

hi,
I've never been an advanced PC user but have been mostly self taught, anyway I will tell you how I applied the bios/firmware update, the link I received applies to the linx 820 & 1020, I downloaded the v2 linx update tool carefully followed instructions ( bricked two machines myself) tool tells you it needs update let it run and it tells you to restart and applies update. you can check it again with tool and it tells you its up to date or run belarc adviser or similar to see if its updated. the only other thing I can think is the bios update link needs tweaking by linx, I mention this because the first update links had minor problems which linx altered and explains my two bricked machines. another thing to think about is your machine in warranty and if it goes wrong are you going to have to deal with linx direct.

good luck I know what your going through,

regards,

Daz
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Grys computers