Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Linx 1020, problem reading micro SDXC cards : Help (Linx 1020)

Linx 1020, problem reading micro SDXC cards

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Linx 1020, problem reading micro SDXC cards

by bquaresm » October 11th, 2017, 4:19 pm

Hi all, I've read all other posts about SD card problems but I think my issue is different of those reported by other users.

After updating the bios of my Linx 1020 using the Linx Firmware Update Tool version 1.0.0.40 the tablet stopped recognizing my micro sd card SDXC which worked perfectly prior to updating the bios.

Having a Linx 1020 with Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8300 the Linx Firmware Update Tool updated from BIOS version LINX1020.I22D.9.07 to LINX1020.I22D.9.08.

The card I am using is a Toshiba Exceria M302-EA UHS-I U3 microSDXC 128GB. The card is not the problem as it works perfectly in my laptop or even in the Linx with an external card reader plugged through a USB port.

The Linx's internal card reader still mounts and reads fine some of other micro SD cards I have with smaller storage so it maybe a driver related problem. I really don't know. Anyone with the same problem? I've contacted Linx support and i am now waiting their reply.

The following image shows how the device manager appears with my Exceria inserted in Linx's internal card reader:
I wasn't able to find new or any drivers to update these. Windows update reports the drivers are updated.

Linx Tablet: Linx 1020
Retailer: Second hand
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Linx 1020, problem reading micro SDXC cards

by F0LLETT » October 12th, 2017, 8:05 am

Hi,

What happens if you remove the drivers and erase, then autodetect?
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by bquaresm » October 12th, 2017, 11:33 am

Hi F0LLETT,

thanks for replying. I've tried that and always stays the same whether i restart the tablet or not. I say this because after uninstalling all "Storage controllers" and in process of uninstalling the "SD host adapters" in one of these host adapters Windows prompts me to restart. Restarting or not Windows will autodetect and install the same drivers staying exactly like it was previously. Also tried in safe mode, no dice.

by bquaresm » October 18th, 2017, 6:25 pm

UPDATE

So, I finally got a response to my message sent to Linx support (linxsupport@exertis.co.uk) reportig this issue.

Hi there,

The BIOS update can't be reverted and is now permanently on version LINX1020.I22D.9.08.

This particular issue will need to be escalated to the software engineer. Please provide the below information and we will forward this;

Item/Model: 1020
Serial Number:
Date Of Purchase:
Current OS Version:
Current BIOS version/date: LINX1020.I22D.9.08
Issue/Faults on device: Not recognising micro SDXC card (please provide more details if necessary)
Steps Taken (To Resolve):

The website is currently under review to provide a more user-friendly experience with all the relevant information on every Linx model, including useful materials for download such as manuals and drivers.

Regards

Barney Wells

Technical Support

Then i sent them this info:

Item/Model: 1020
Serial Number: Type1 - 123456789
Date Of Purchase: 2017, June 8
Current OS Version: Windows 10 version 1703 (aka Creators Update)
Current BIOS version/date: LINX1020.I22D.9.08
Issue/Faults on device: Not recognising micro SDXC card but recognizing regular SDHC cards. Device driver shows error 10 in device manager. With the previous version of the firmware i had no such problem and the card worked properly.
Steps Taken (To Resolve): UNRESOLVED

Which Barney promptly replied with:
Hi Bruno,

I have forwarded your query onto the software engineer, we should have a response soon!

Thank you for your patience.

Regards
Barney Wells

Technical Support

Fingers crossed :!:
I'll post any news I get back from the Technical Support team.