Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Who has installed the latest BIOS v1.0.0.35? : General (Linx 1020)

Who has installed the latest BIOS v1.0.0.35?

General chit-chat on the Linx 1020

Who has installed the latest BIOS v1.0.0.35?

by StephenCWLL » August 7th, 2017, 6:58 pm

What OS version are you on?
Was it successful or .... yikes ... not?
Have you noticed any issues afterwards?
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1020
Retailer: Microsoft
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Who has installed the latest BIOS v1.0.0.35?

by agorton84 » August 12th, 2017, 9:34 am

I'm on 1703 now and its working fine now i was having the issue where i had to hold the power button down for 10 seconds to turn the tablet off but after the firmware all working like it should do. i was hoping after the update might be able to get the memory card slot to work for more than 2 mins but not so lucky.

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: argos

by StephenD » August 13th, 2017, 6:38 pm

I am in a similar boat to agorton84. I was on 1703 with major power problems but the latest BIOS update seems to have cured them.

However, I also have an issue with Windows disconnecting the SD card although it lasts much longer than 2 minutes for me. I'm still trying to work out if any particular thing is causing it, makes it better, or makes it worse. This is a major problem for me since most of my apps/programs and data are on the card.

My 1020 is only a few weeks old and, as far as I am concerned, Windows version 1703 is not an "update" but is the version I started with. Although, in reality, it's what I ended up with after first powering up the device and accepting all the updates on offer over the first few days.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Ebuyer

by stbroadd01 » October 25th, 2017, 4:43 pm

hello,
I have tried a couple of firmware updates on the 1020 with the linx update tool and they have all failed I think the latest failure could have been the memory card left in , so am thinking about having another go with the latest update tool before the warranty runs out.

wish me luck
DAZ,
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Grys computers

by stbroadd01 » February 20th, 2018, 7:05 am

hello,
after two bricked 1020 linx tablets i finally succeeded with the firmware update and now am on fall creators update and it seems pretty good, i am sure the last failure was the memory card left in, i recommend using the linx firmware update tool. i am now enjoying my third tablet, i must say my local retailer and linx have been brilliant and replaced my bricked tablets very quickly, i am wandering what the spring update has in store for us in 2018.

cheers,
Daz,
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Grys computers