Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Linx 1020 Insyde Firmware update : General (Linx 1020)

Linx 1020 Insyde Firmware update

General chit-chat on the Linx 1020

Linx 1020 Insyde Firmware update

by gadgetuk » May 3rd, 2017, 4:16 pm

This will brick your device, do not let it install, 2 of us so far have this happen, may happen to on 1010 model, so been warned, I will telephone support first thing in morning so they are aware.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Linx 1020 Insyde Firmware update

by BonsallRP » May 3rd, 2017, 9:23 pm

Make that 3!

Linx Tablet: Linx 10

by gadgetuk » May 4th, 2017, 7:50 am

Ok will let support know when I ring them this morning, as this is that serious that only a replacement is only option.

Linx User
Linx User

by gadgetuk » May 4th, 2017, 7:58 am

BonsallRP wrote:Make that 3!

Just confirm before I call that it needed to reboot , which it started to then screen went blank and couldn't get no response from it anymore, and it was the Insyde Firmware update that was installing at the time this happened.
Thanks

Linx User
Linx User

by lilredx » May 4th, 2017, 8:42 am

Happened to my other half's tablet too, did the update it needed to restart and since then it won't turn on or access the recovery menu, she's only had the tablet a week and picked up the linx following my experience with the vision

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Currys

by gadgetuk » May 4th, 2017, 8:45 am

Yeah I've got mine replaced, but I can't see it being fixed only by sending it back to have the bias reflashed as don't think there's anyway the general person can do that without some kind of programming board connected up to it.
Linx User
Linx User

by lilredx » May 4th, 2017, 8:48 am

Just with getting it replaced is there an easy way to disable windows updates on this tablet? Just in theory would the same thing not happen again?

by lilredx » May 4th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Update on this side: Ive had my other halfs tablet in my backpack while ive been travelling today (still broken) gonna possibly look to take it back to Argos tomorrow however when I pulled it out of my bag it was hot, as if it was on, I had other items and devices in my bag and they where cool, the device definetly seems to be on just not appearing to be, I've also then tried plugging the tablet into my laptop and it shows in Device Manager as cherrytrail, not sure if thats a step to figuring out a fix or a solution but may not all be lost, gonna try hooking it up to a TV later with HDMI see if it displays anything

by nhogs » May 4th, 2017, 8:48 pm

Hi, Within the last hour attempted to restart Linx 1020 came up with some sort of update on the start screen and is now completely dead... went blank in the process... and now does nothing... not even a recharge light when connected to power source... any ideas?

by raynr » May 4th, 2017, 10:24 pm

Hi All, have just registered to add my 2pence worth.

I purchased a linx 1020 yesterday from Argos and loved it out of the box. I plugged it in to charge it while setting it up and was working really well and very quick. Looking through the settings, I noticed it had got to 95% updated on windows update and didn't go any higher. After finishing what I was doing, I turned it off. Later i tried to turn it back on but nothing!? After searching the net for help on resetting and getting nowhere, I noticed that the red charging light was not on. I presumed it was a charging issue and took it back to Argos this morning (after trying other cables/plugs etc). Argos exchanged it no problem.

When i got home tonight, I opened the new 1020 and made sure the red light was on and Windows 10 showed the battery was charging fine. Spent about two hours surfing and installing new apps - all good!

I checked the windows update screen and it was 95% installed but needed rebooting to finish the update - the linx turned off and now NOTHING! The red light was on for about 2 mins after it turned off and now even that has gone out. It would seem that the culprit is Windows update bricking the tablet.

As MS are all about updating windows to keep everything safe, I don't see the point turning updates off. So it is with sorrow that tomorrow i will be returning the Linx for a full refund. It is a shame as the linx seems to be fantastic for the price but can't risk the same happening 12 months down the line and MS bricking it outside of a warranty.

Next