Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Linx 1020 just did the new windows 10 creator update,l : General (Linx 1020)

Linx 1020 just did the new windows 10 creator update,l

General chit-chat on the Linx 1020

Linx 1020 just did the new windows 10 creator update,l

by gadgetuk » April 15th, 2017, 1:46 pm

This has caused my tablet now not to shut down correctly, looks like it has, but battery flat when tried to turn it on, also it wont restart if that's selected it just stays off, i don't have fast boot selected so it isn't that, anyone any ideas or if I can get factory image to re-enter install as i deleted old installation to get this installed, wish I hadn't now.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Linx 1020 just did the new windows 10 creator update,l

by dp29380 » April 19th, 2017, 6:52 pm

Hi,

The exact same issues happened to me. Luckily, Microsoft put the ability into Windows 10 to revert to the previous version. It is in the settings > update and security > recovery.

I clicked the Get started button underneath "Go back to an earlier build". 20 minutes later, the thing was back to normal.

If somehow the backup made by Windows before the update was deleted, then that is another thing entirely.

Good luck.

by stuclark » April 27th, 2017, 12:05 pm

There's a driver issue with the later tablets (820 and 1020) and Creators Update; it's something to do with the power IC driver, but despite asking Linx about it, I haven't been able to get any further forward, not even by focing older drivers on to the device once Creators Update is installed.

For now, my advise is to remain on the Aniversary Update as that works correctly
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Total Computers

by jmc1996 » May 2nd, 2017, 10:00 pm

I've got a similar issue, tablet did an update and now won't turn on. My laptop can recognise it as a USB device (makes the noise but doesn't show up), and I know it can switch on as my phone can charge using just the tablet via USB connection. However the issue appears to be that the screen won't turn on. Any ideas?

Linx Tablet: Linx 10 (3G)
Retailer: Amazon

by gadgetuk » May 4th, 2017, 7:53 am

Has it just done a Windows update of Insyde Firmware update, as this is bricking the device,3 of us so far, I got mine exchanged yesterday at Argos after speaking to support on the phone, but he thought it was the creator update issue which I told him this wasn't that as I already had that problem and went back to anniversary edition.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
Linx User
Linx User

by stuclark » June 22nd, 2017, 8:35 am

This is an old post, I know; but just to say this issue still exists in the latest test builds of Windows 10.

My Linx 820 (which ever model that is, but seemingly essentially the same hardware as the 1020) has issues shutting down; then uses it's battery very quickly when turned off; won't charge if turned on; and is generally sluggish.

Extersis are blaming a MS change which they say occured just before the Creator's Update went live; but so far there's nothing in any builds to "correct" that bug, if indeed it is a bug (I still believe it's a driver issue)
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Total Computers

by PaulJ » June 22nd, 2017, 11:03 am

I would also like to know when this issue will be resolved. Basically Linx are selling tablets that will not run the latest version of Windows and are not telling you this before purchase, I reckon this could actually be illegal.

I would wish to know from Linx what they and Microsoft are actively doing to resolve the matter for the 820/1020 and an estimated date for it to be rectified. Not giving this information is incredibly bad customer service!
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1020
Retailer: Amazon

by StephenCWLL » June 23rd, 2017, 8:00 pm

Be nice to know right?

I don't think support would look here an update us :D

Anyone contacted them lately?
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Microsoft

by Pl4c3b0 » July 25th, 2017, 7:41 pm

I have been looking up some advise on this topic as I have been experiencing the same issues I have to force restart the machine to be able to get the device to boot. some people have been suggesting one possible fix here is to enable a memory dump (mini dump 128k) and make sure you have a paging file (swap file) enabled

I'm testing the below solution will update you guys on progress

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0a53997f-62c3-4d75-85d5-8f402469ed98/win10-1703-will-not-shutdown?forum=win10itprogeneral

Automatically restart is already unchecked.
Have no page file (lots of real memory) - therefore no dumps.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NOW THIS IS INTERESTING!!!!!!!
I decided to try for a minidump.  Turned on the page file and "Small memory dump (256 KB)" 
The PC will now restart/shutdown.  ?????????????
No C:\Windows\Minidump folder or dumps.
Turned pagefile off - and shutdown/restart fails again.
Don't like pagefile turned on.  Don't really need it and significantly lengthens shutdown/restart times.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I noted pagefile above - but is it the swapfile that is needed????
BOGO.  Buy one - get the other free!