General chit-chat on the Linx 1020
StephenCWLL
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx 1020
Retailer: Microsoft
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

April 22nd, 2017, 6:54 pm

gadgetuk wrote:Yeah i emailed them about the problems, trouble is don't think you have a choice when it installs, so maybe problematic to uninstall again.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
Sot of true. I installed the update manually so I didn't do it via Windows Update. No idea if it's actually available for the linx 1020 as the update is going out in waves. I guess if you got it then it must be.
StephenCWLL
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

April 22nd, 2017, 6:56 pm

Another suggestion from support was:

One thing we have found that seems to be resolving a few power issue is to disable the Fast Startup option. Devices powering themselves on, discharging when shut-down or not holding a charge and/or experiencing difficulties with powering on is a now-known Windows issue. Please follow the steps below to disable ‘fast startup’ and resolve the issue;

1. Go to 'Control Panel'. (In the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel, and then select Control Panel)
2. In the search box, type 'Power' and the window should now show the title 'Power Options' in green.
3. Under this title, select 'Change what the power buttons do' and another window should pop up.
4. Select 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' (written in blue above the Power and Sleep button settings)
5. Uncheck 'Turn on fast startup (recommended)'. (If the option is already unchecked, then check it and follow step 6, and then follow steps 1-6 once more).
6. Save changes, and restart your device.
StephenCWLL
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

April 22nd, 2017, 6:57 pm

Current issues I've faced with Creator's Update are:

1. No Wifi after the update but that was easily resolved by installing latest Intel drivers.
2. Battery Drain seems quite high.
3. Severe trouble getting the device to switch on.
4. If you ask the tablet to restart, it will shut down but not start again.
gadgetuk
Linx User
Linx User
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Argos

April 22nd, 2017, 7:11 pm

StephenCWLL wrote:Another suggestion from support was:

One thing we have found that seems to be resolving a few power issue is to disable the Fast Startup option. Devices powering themselves on, discharging when shut-down or not holding a charge and/or experiencing difficulties with powering on is a now-known Windows issue. Please follow the steps below to disable ‘fast startup’ and resolve the issue;

1. Go to 'Control Panel'. (In the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel, and then select Control Panel)
2. In the search box, type 'Power' and the window should now show the title 'Power Options' in green.
3. Under this title, select 'Change what the power buttons do' and another window should pop up.
4. Select 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' (written in blue above the Power and Sleep button settings)
5. Uncheck 'Turn on fast startup (recommended)'. (If the option is already unchecked, then check it and follow step 6, and then follow steps 1-6 once more).
6. Save changes, and restart your device.
Did that soon as it updated as already done it on previous anniversary as that was causing the problem, but not this time, was still the same.

stuclark
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Total Computers

April 27th, 2017, 12:11 pm

I eventually got the recovery and driversimages from Linx for the 820; unfortunately no amount of driver "playing" has resolved the issue for me.

For now I've pushed mine back to the Aniversary Update as everything is working ok on that version.

Ironically, the older Linx 8 updates to Creators Edition absolutely fine, and doesn't have power / battery issues - yes, I've even tried it's drivers on my 820 and they still didn't work :(
gadgetuk
Linx User
Linx User

April 27th, 2017, 12:53 pm

Obviously some difference since it causes this issue, well I'm happy on the anniversary edition for the time being at least it works fine.

StephenCWLL
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

April 29th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Where do you guys go to download drivers for 1020? Well, I know there's none on the manufacturers site, so I guess you grab the 1010s drivers? But where? Probably won't need them but be nice to have them,
gadgetuk
Linx User
Linx User

April 29th, 2017, 1:28 pm

Well I don't think I needed them Steve I just right clicked on the ones in the device manager and searched on line all updated ok

PaulJ
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: Amazon

May 1st, 2017, 2:20 pm

Any idea when the power issues are going to be fixed for the 1020 with Creators Update?
gadgetuk
Linx User
Linx User

May 1st, 2017, 2:26 pm

Not heard anything, just hoping not to update it for the present time till hear these issues been fixed by Microsoft