stbroadd01
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx 1020
Retailer: Grys computers
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

December 26th, 2018, 10:19 am

Hello everyone,

I am just about three months in running the 1809 update, everything is running well had some more cumulative updates plus the usual ones and all went well, looking forward to the next major update some interesting developments in start menu, colours, and one which is sandbox for testing software downloads but unfortunately its for pro and enterprise editions I hope they change there mind for this useful feature. I will keep everyone updated. and wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

regards,
Daz.
StephenCWLL
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: Microsoft

December 27th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Forgot to post that I updated to v1809 two weekends ago. Finally got reoffered the update. Had to juggle free space once more, but at least they now give you the option to select where to take the free space from, hence I used an SD Card although I still had to clear about 5GB from my computer first (removed OneDrive files temporarily). Took a massive 4 hours or so to not only install but do all it's offline updating. However, once back into Windows, no problems to report.
stbroadd01
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: Grys computers

December 27th, 2018, 7:02 pm

Hello,
yes I agree with Stephen, anyone updating needs to be aware of having enough space when updating to 1809. and when you are successful there are 3 or 4 groups of cumulative and other types of update waiting in the wings , I was lucky and had 1809 with no problems when it was originally released. roughly I made sure I had a minimum of 10GB to work with but with the option of a 64GB SD card as an alternative storage.

regards,
Daz,