Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - 1020 and Creator's Update : General (Linx 1020) - 9

1020 and Creator's Update

General chit-chat on the Linx 1020

Re: 1020 and Creator's Update

by PaulJ » August 4th, 2017, 12:52 pm

Good to hear. Gives me the confidence to give Creators Update another go now.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1020
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by PaulJ » August 5th, 2017, 11:04 am

Well, did the Creators Update last night after the firmware install and all is well. No power issues or shutdown issues, everything running very smoothly so very pleased all sorted now - well until the next one!
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by kev2133 » August 13th, 2017, 11:06 pm

Hi, think this has been sorted, went to linx's own page on this and downloaded a patch for the bios, gives you options for all the different processors used in this tablet - beware because it is vital. install the patch first.

|Did the update when I first got mine and it did what everyone says it would do, so having a usb windows disk with the original version of 10 that I downloaded from microsoft, I managed to - by keeping the power cable still in - reboot to the bios setting and ask the tablet to install a totally virgin windows 10 anniversary edition that did the trick - leave the thing on charge for an hour before attempting this.

It reset to anniversary and worked again as it should. then I found the patch installed it and then allowed windows to update.

Again it is all down to what processor and the bios you need, check out the instructions first..

Good luck, when it works its a great bit of kit, but funny thing is I still have my original 10 with the origami case running a baytrail, took the creators update and worked off the bat.

Doing a start up test with the old and new, showed interesting findings - the original is slightly faster on boot, not bad for something as old as it is.... the wifi is faster too and is only N...

Retailer: argos

by paincraft » August 27th, 2017, 11:04 pm

can I ask if any one is having any problems with creators update. did the bios update from linx and updated windows and seems to be working fine no power and no restart problems. only thing is that the action bar seems to randomly pop out with out any reason this may not be related but I did look it up and from my search I found that it could be due to the touchpad and a 4 tap gesture which you can disable from the setting but when I look in my setting the touchpad is no longer there and I can find or find the drivers. my touchpad is working can anyone tell me how to fix this if it can be.

Retailer: amazon

by PaulJ » November 13th, 2017, 4:13 pm

Just updated my 1020 last week to the new Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, no issues, all running very smoothly in every dept. Did have to untick Fast Start-up again in control panel settings as it seems to default to on when doing a major upgrade.

Hope this helps should anyone else be contemplating the same.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Previous