Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript! - It takes several attempts to switch it on each time : Help (Linx 820)

It takes several attempts to switch it on each time

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

It takes several attempts to switch it on each time

by Richardfedup » December 10th, 2017, 8:52 pm

I am struggling to find a way to switch this unit on. Am i doing something wrong? If I press and hold the 'on' button for a few seconds nothing happens. If I press and hold it down for 15 secs and then press and hold it again for another 10 -15 seconds it starts to boot up?
How long should one old the 'on off' button to start it up or is this just a faulty unit?
I have run and loaded all windows updates. One other thing I have noticed is that if you try switching the unit on moments after one has switched it off, it crashes. I honestly cant believe that this is supposed to happen. Surely switching it off and on should be easy!
Please help, Thank you.

Ok I have just realised that its the windows 10 creator update that has caused it from the post below. I will try the firmware update and report back. The thing which confused me was the post calling it windows creator update. I would re-title it to my post heading and then show that its windows mucking things up.

Update.. Just updated the new firmware... Watchout!! the program is easy to run but... when it restarts, the screen goes blank for at least 5-10 mins and tells you its updating the firmware.. But the difference is amazing as soon as you log back in, the tablet is much more responsive. Tried restarting a couple of times and this now works.. I am still not sure how long to hold the on off button down to power it on. Tried holding it for 10 secs and this seemed to work. Would expect it to be shorter. Will have to wait a bit to see if it has stopped the battery loosing charge when its switched off. In one day before I applied the update it lost 85% of its charge. All in all fingers crossed its looking promising... until the next windows update! thank you to those that have posted here.. all very useful.
Linx Tablet: Linx 820
Retailer: argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad