Booting into BIOS

General chit-chat on the Linx 820
AngryBaldMan
Linx Tablet: Linx 820
Retailer: argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

August 2nd, 2017, 5:42 pm

I've done a lot of reading on this, but the solutions posted on the internet don't appear to work on my setup. I'm looking to run a charger and a USB to Ethernet adapter. I'm using one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1 so I can use a keyboard. This is to be able to hold down "delete" as the unit boots to get to the BIOS, but this doesn't appear to be working for me.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? If you know a way to charge and use the adapter at the same time without BIOS alterations that even better.
Stollas
Retailer: Argos

August 3rd, 2017, 7:59 am

You can get into the BIOS by holding the Power and Volume Up buttons when the Linx is powered off. Then press Setup Utility.
AngryBaldMan

August 3rd, 2017, 10:54 am

Hi Stollas

Is that a true BIOS or the weird tablet one that you can get to through windows?
AngryBaldMan

August 3rd, 2017, 10:56 am

I've just answered my own question, it's the weird one. Can we adjust settings in here to allow both power and data at the same time on the micro usb?
stuclark
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Total Computers

August 10th, 2017, 12:04 pm

It's the only BIOS you're going to get. The 820 (as most things do these days) runs UEFI BIOS, which only lets you change / do what the manufacturer wants. They're not like the old CMOS based BIOSes that had lots of lovely text menus :(