Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Anyone got details of the UEFI settings for Linx 820? : General (Linx 820)

Anyone got details of the UEFI settings for Linx 820?

General chit-chat on the Linx 820

Anyone got details of the UEFI settings for Linx 820?

by AndyMac » January 14th, 2017, 9:45 am

I have not managed to find any details of the settings in the UEFI of the Linx 820 - many of the settings are fairly obvious, but I've not come across the power settings in their firmware before:
* S5 Long Run Test
* MRD FLDO3 Power Management
* MRD Charger Select
and also not sure about
* Power Up In Standby Mode

Does anyone have details on what these specifically mean, and their default values?

Linx Tablet: Linx 810
Retailer: Scan
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Anyone got details of the UEFI settings for Linx 820?

by F0LLETT » January 15th, 2017, 1:02 pm

AndyMac wrote:I have not managed to find any details of the settings in the UEFI of the Linx 820 - many of the settings are fairly obvious, but I've not come across the power settings in their firmware before:
* S5 Long Run Test
* MRD FLDO3 Power Management
* MRD Charger Select
and also not sure about

Does anyone have details on what these specifically mean, and their default values?

Good luck, for a spec thats been embrased by the pc world. Its not documented any where, which is crazy.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by Cliff » January 21st, 2017, 5:00 pm

Sorry I don't know the defaults for the Linx820 as I don't have one but I've looked around the internet for the settings you've mentioned.

* S5 Long Run Test I'd guess is disabled by default, it appears from what I read and the word test in the description to be for testing a power saving mode is working properly. G2(S5) is a mode that is as near as you can get to turning the power off with a physical switch, except that you don't need it to be physical as it still allows power to the power button so you can turn it back on with the usual tablet power button.
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

* MRD FLDO3 Power Management - Obviously by the name something to do with power management but for what I have no clue. I didn't find a thing.
Could you have misread FLD ? If it's actually FID it could be a VID/FID screen power saving mode like the one that Google patented.

* MRD Charger Select - Again I didn't find anything and the name doesn't give much of a clue so I would leave it alone.
It could easily be for something unexpected such as enabling the use of Molecular Rebar Development batteries which are carbon nanofiber enhanced, supposed to charge in a third of the time as normal (but I doubt it's anything that interesting).

There's an article on Power Up In Standby Mode which is for power saving by preventing hard drives from spinning up to speed just because they have power turned on. The article also says it prevents some wake up from sleep problems. I doubt it does a lot of power saving for the storage in a Linx but if it's on I'd leave it on. Here's a link.

Still too much guesswork here unfortunately.
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"
Retailer: Argos

by ForGamer » September 3rd, 2017, 12:52 pm

Yes, but first it will be handy if you send some pictures of the BIOS to k_skornicki@aol.com and i will email the default values back! :D

Linx Tablet: Linx 820
Retailer: ARGOS