12x64 Touscreen Firing on its own

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.
MikieG
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

January 20th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Hi,

I'm on my second 12x64 - first had keyboard faulty/going unrecognised after 10-15 seconds. Returned and whole new bundle.

Now after 3 weeks with this one working fine (lovely little beast), the touchscreen is going crazy - after 1-2 minutes from power-on, it fires off endlessly about 1cm in from the right hand side, dancing round several locations up and down at random. This makes it unusable as even trying to use the keyboard/touchpad won't work as the touchscreen takes the focus away.

The only way to get it to work was a hard reset - power button for 15 seconds then wait 30 secs then power for 3 secs to turn on. That gives about a minute to log in, get Device Manager up, find the touchscreen (half way down the HID devices) and disable it. Then the rest of the tablet/keyboard works fine, just no touchscreen.

Could find nothing about this on the linx support site and no email to contact them, so have contacted the vendor to see what they say - sounds like a hardware failure to me, so maybe onto tablet number 3.

Has anyone else seen this / had a fix for it?

NB I tried checking the drivers from Linx, but made no difference, still went nuts once enabled.

I'll post an update once I have any progress from vendor/Linx.
MikieG
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: amazon

February 2nd, 2018, 10:08 pm

Update - faulty touch screen.

So now on my third brand new unopened unit in 4 weeks. Let's hope this one lasts longer.

Not impressed with the quality control so far.

Nice product when it works.
F0LLETT
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

February 7th, 2018, 11:36 pm

MikieG wrote:Update - faulty touch screen.

So now on my third brand new unopened unit in 4 weeks. Let's hope this one lasts longer.

Not impressed with the quality control so far.

Nice product when it works.
Im sure there is a post about this already. People worked out, the only way around issue was to adjust touch sensitivity.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Fatrich172
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010 3G
Retailer: Pc world

May 5th, 2019, 4:09 pm

Hi same issue for me, not found the other thread yet... On linx 12x64 How do i
1. Disable touchscreen fully
2. Adjust sensitivity