Bluetooth Code 43 [solved]

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.
Pete12x64
Linx User
Linx User
Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: Microsoft
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

December 10th, 2017, 6:38 pm

My Linx 12x32 keeps disabling the Bluetooth adaptor and in the Device Manager I can see the following - "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)"

I have uninstalled the driver and then searched for new hardware, it reinstall the driver but the problem remains.

If I reboot then it works fine for a little while before doing this again.

I have been using it for a day or so and it has been a bit flaky, but since I did the latest Windows update it has gotten worse.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problem or knows of a fix. I'm going to try and install the driver from this site and see if that works.

Oh and I am using it with a Bluetooth mouse.

[Update 1] Fail - After some reboots and driver changes (though I suspect it reinstalled the same "latest" one) it seems stable(er) again.

[Update 2 - FIX this has solved the problem] The Quest continues - After trying a few more things I found another BT mouse I had didn't case this issue! So I looked into the mouse side and have now turned off the option to enable the BT adaptor being turned off to save power. So far no issue and the mouse does seem smoother. Device Manager > Bluetooth > right-click Bluetooth Radio > Properties > Power Management > uncheck the option.
FYI the problem mouse is a Tecknet BM307, and my other mouse is a Microsoft 5000

Here is the setting I changed (unchecked)
Last edited by Pete12x64 on December 22nd, 2017, 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linx12x64 + Win10 Pro + BitLocker + Samsung EvoPlus 64Gb + BT Mouse
Tramalho
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

December 22nd, 2017, 12:01 pm

my problem is sometimes when tablet suspend the mouse dont conect again, need to disable BT and conect again.
im using a microsoft 3600
Pete12x64
Linx User
Linx User
Retailer: Microsoft

December 22nd, 2017, 8:08 pm

Tramalho wrote:my problem is sometimes when tablet suspend the mouse dont conect again, need to disable BT and conect again.
All I can suggest is stopping the BT adapter powering down ( Device Manager > Bluetooth > right-click Bluetooth Radio > Properties > Power Management > uncheck the option). See the pic I added in the first post. On my mouse I have to click a button for it to register again.
Linx12x64 + Win10 Pro + BitLocker + Samsung EvoPlus 64Gb + BT Mouse
Tramalho
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

February 22nd, 2018, 10:30 pm

Pete12x64 wrote:
Tramalho wrote:my problem is sometimes when tablet suspend the mouse dont conect again, need to disable BT and conect again.
All I can suggest is stopping the BT adapter powering down ( Device Manager > Bluetooth > right-click Bluetooth Radio > Properties > Power Management > uncheck the option). See the pic I added in the first post. On my mouse I have to click a button for it to register again.

already try that mate, problem persists
doncam55
Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Staples

April 21st, 2018, 8:16 pm

Thanks Pete12x64. This had me baffled with my new Logitech M535. Looks like your solution worked!
TonyKeeler
Linx Tablet: --- New Models ---
Retailer: Amazon

June 5th, 2018, 8:52 pm

I had this with a Logitech BT Mouse, Exertis sent me this and it worked (a while a go now).
-------------------------------------------------

Date: 23/02/2018 15:43 (GMT+00:00)

To: #####@gmail.com

Subject: Re: TID 384794 Linx 12x64 - WiFi Connection Issues

Hello There,

Please see the below troubleshooting that may resolve the WiFi issue that you are experiencing.
We are getting a few reports that the Linx 12x64 is experiencing WiFi related issues and we have created a solution for this, see below;

- Go to Device Manager (either through settings or search for Device Manager in the search bar).

- Go to Network Adapters (and click on the drop down arrow to the left)

- Select Broadcom Adapter

- Select Advanced Tab

- Select Bluetooth Collaboration

- Change the Value on the right to Enable (by clicking the drop down arrow under Value)

- Click OK

Restart your tablet and see if this solves the problem.

Regards
Paul Moores
Customer Service Advisor - Technical Support
TonyKeeler
Linx Tablet: --- New Models ---
Retailer: Amazon

June 12th, 2018, 3:22 pm

I had the same issues, Bluetooth Radio giving Code 43, disabled Windows controlling BT Radio Power and solution from before, Exertis had me perform a PC Reset in the Recovery section (keeping personal files) then finally sent me a new 1709 12x64 Factory Recovery Image as it seemed that a BT driver corrupted during the 1803 installation.

Tony
JamesRXC
Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: Ebay

September 27th, 2018, 1:44 pm

I have had this exact issue with my 12X64 tablet. The Bluetooth will work for about 30 minutes before turning itself off and giving a code 43 in the device manager. Unlike the above posters the properties menu for the BT radio has no power management tab with which to uncheck any option.

Is there really no way to just get a properly functioning driver to fix this issue?
vurey
Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: CEX

September 27th, 2019, 12:10 pm

JamesRXC wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 1:44 pm
I have had this exact issue with my 12X64 tablet. The Bluetooth will work for about 30 minutes before turning itself off and giving a code 43 in the device manager. Unlike the above posters the properties menu for the BT radio has no power management tab with which to uncheck any option.

Is there really no way to just get a properly functioning driver to fix this issue?
I've been having this same issue. I couldn't see the Power Management options in Device Manager. I followed some instructions to show the Power Management tags by editing a value in the Registry, which allowed me to see the power options. I also followed the instructions for the Broadcom 802.11 adapter as well. After a reboot I saw many more Bluetooth devices listed in Device Manager. Previously it only showed Bluetooth Radio.

Hopefully this is the end of my Bluetooth problems!