Linx 10v64 touchpad edge swipes

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Linx 10v64 touchpad edge swipes

by ianmccon » November 27th, 2016, 9:10 am

I have just bought a 10v64 and it is briiliant apart from one really annoying issue. When I swipe from the top of the touchpad the share charms panel pops in from the right. There are no touchpad settings to be able to fix this.

Does anyone have any registry fix for this or know what the make of the touchpad is so that I could try and find a utility online. My previos linx 10 tablet with the origami keyboard did not have this problem.

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Linx 10v64 touchpad edge swipes

by Popc0rn » November 28th, 2016, 10:58 pm

In I've read your message correctly I think this may be what you're looking for:

You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon

by ColonelPanic » November 30th, 2016, 10:49 pm

No, I don't think the edge swipe feature is what is being referred to.

On the touchpad section of the detachable keyboard, if you swipe down from the top of the touchpad, the the "Sharing" charm appears.

Firstly, this is infuriating, so I share your pain, as is the apparent oversensitivity to the pinch-zoom feature when trying to scroll with two fingers.

As a partial suggestion towards a solution, is there any kind of driver available for the touchpad? I have tried a simple synaptics driver, as this enables for control of gestures, but the attached touchpad is not a compatible synaptics device.

by Dr3w83 » December 31st, 2016, 1:19 am

Sorry for the thread revival but I've got a work around for this, the share screenshot gesture is gone, and so is the action bar and task bar gestures...! I've got the 12v64 but I bet its the same! Theres no info online on how to fix this and its an issue for loads of 2 in 1 tablets with win10 not just Linx!

Short story, disable the Win key on the keyboard, means you can't use it, and the Windows button stops working on the bezel too, but it stops the annoying swipe gestures!

The long story... I'll write a separate thread! ;)

Currently to block the 'share screenshot bar' I'm using an open source program called 'sharpkeys' (no affiliation, just found it and does the job), it has a learning mode, it listens for a key press, you basically give it the windows key (or the trackpad gesture to prove it) and you reassign that key to do nothing! 8-) It only blocks 1 key, so you can't do keyboard combos like 'win+h' (which is actually what gets called when you swipe down from the top of the trackpad, it sends a keyboard combo out...)

There is bound to be a more elegant solution, at a driver level or such, but that's where I'm at ATM, only had the tablet a couple of days!

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: Saintsbury's

by Zeppelyn » January 5th, 2017, 12:01 am

Thanks for that, disabling the Win key does disable that annoying Share Screenshot charm on my 10v32, not perfect as you say but hey does the job.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro