Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Wifi Driver Fail. Code 10 : Help (Linx 12)

Wifi Driver Fail. Code 10

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Wifi Driver Fail. Code 10

by HandK » October 11th, 2018, 11:43 pm

With a new tablet Bought 3 days ago, it was working but for (retrospectively stupid) reasons I ran a Windows Reset, after which the wifi doesn’t work with a driver error Code 10.

Things I have tried:

I have (re)-reset the tablet

I have downloaded the driver pack (with separate Wifi install).
The separate wifi auto install fails with a file not deleted. Manual install gives a “not signed” warning, but when complete still gives a Code 10 error.

I went to the Microsoft catalogue library and went through a selection of the correct drivers one gave a “we know that fails” error, the older ones are unrecognized as correct driver, and the newer just give Code 10 after install https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Broadcom%20802.11ac%20WDI%20SDIO%20Adapter

The Bios is American Megatrends Inc. 0.18, 26/07/2018.
Following your site instruction I’ve tried to make a usb boot but both attempts failed at 99%

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: laptopoutlet
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Wifi Driver Fail. Code 10

by HandK » October 12th, 2018, 10:47 am

Update:
The separate wifi auto install needs to be run as admin, but when complete still gives a Code 10 error. And there is something wrong with the USB boot creation instructions/image/software - with 6 failures over three sticks and two ports

Solution ATM
At boot, press "F7" (this starts the Bios boot selection), just continue with windows

Reason it worked(?)
(I am making no claim that this is valid.)

Several Broadcom complaint threads "stated" that the actual device had at some point not "turned on" correctly and a timed "mario kart style" mid boot press of the power button would fix it.
Interrupting the Bios with a boot selection (F7 on 12x) therefore seemed a not unreasonable thing to try. And it worked/has worked/is working.
I will update if any developments

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: laptopoutlet

Re: Wifi Driver Fail. Code 10

by Mcotswold » October 28th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Thanks HandK for your F7 method. After Windows 10 updated to version 1803 recently, the wifi stopped working altogether (It was not very stable anyway before the update). Using a USB wifi adapter, I tried to update the Broadcom 802.11ac WDI SDIO Adapter driver automatically. This failed, as did trying to install the driver manually from the Linx support driver package. I then tried updating every single driver in Device Manager and found 2 or 3, including the Intel HD Graphics driver that updated after online search, but the Broadcom driver still came up as Code 10 and the bcmfn2 device under system devices was still inoperative.
Eventually, after various tries, I uninstalled the Wifi adapter and the bcmfn2 device and their drivers, restarted and pressed F7 repeatedly during boot, selected Windows boot manager and continued to Windows. I then ran device manager as administrator, updated what then showed as a Generic SDIO adapter by browsing to the actual driver file (bcmwdidhdsdio.inf) from the Linx package and it finally updated properly. Interestingly, the driver date and version were exactly the same as before the update: 5/11/2016 and ver. 1.596.19.1. Perhaps the original was corrupted? Anyway, thanks again.

Linx 12X64
Win 10 ver 1803 Build 17134.376

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Sainsburys