Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Touch/keypad woes : Help (Linx 12)

Touch/keypad woes

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Touch/keypad woes

by scampaboy » January 14th, 2018, 12:39 pm

Hi,

I bought this device from currys in the uk,

The 3 hour setup didnt really bother me, its a little slow doesnt bother me its perfect for what im doing but

the crazy zoom on the touch pad it makes it practically unusable, i spend more time fixing the zoom than actually scrolling through pages.
dont let me get started how crazy it is in excel its actually unusable

is there any way to turn this off, any hack anything ?
If i dont find anything this tablet is going back as not fit for purpose which really is a great shame as i like everything else about it is great just this is absolutely breaking my mind.

what about the drivers i downloaded them, which is the touch pad driver ? there was something about disabling the windows key on the keyboard but that was stopped in the latest update

regards

Richard

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: currys uk
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Touch/keypad woes

by F0LLETT » January 14th, 2018, 10:09 pm

Disable touchscreen in device manager. Im guessing you want to disable zoom function though.

However your first clue is the 3 hour setup time. Thats something that should never happen. My guess is it did an update.
Which is very odd on first switch on. If it was an update, maybe it screwed up your touchscreen.

EDIT:- Scratch that, seems to be a known problem here. Try contacting Linx. They seem to throw these things out and dump support for them and magically bring out something else without anyone knowing. I see they list all products but their own Linx Vision. Very stupid and lazy, even their sites are outdated and not updated at all. This all annoys me, as its only us here the community helping other users, giving them free support.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by scampaboy » January 15th, 2018, 11:35 am

Hi,

So i contacted the manufacturer technical support, I thought I would jump curry's and try and get some results.

First I contacted their UK support. I'm not sure if im allowed to put their number here.

and they sent me an email with some instructions, ive not tried them yet but it may work
Please see the instructions

"Try a Soft Reset using the instructions below, this will reboot the device and recalibrate a few settings between the tablet and keyboard.

Attach the keyboard to the device then plug the device into the mains and leave it charging for 5-10 minutes.

Whilst the device is charging, press and hold the power button for 15 - 20 seconds (until it powers on/off) then wait approximately 30 seconds before restarting the tablet.

If the above solution does not resolve the issue, follow the steps below to change the pointer speed of your device as other users have reported this can help with oversensitive touchpads;

Go to 'Control Panel'. (In the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel, and then select Control Panel)
In the search box, type 'Mouse' and the window should now show the title 'Mouse' in green.
Under this title, select 'Change the mouse pointer display or speed' and another window should pop up.
Move the blue slider closer to the 'Slow' option (or your preferred speed).
Click 'Apply', and then 'Ok'.
"

I hope this helps someone

Regards

Richard

by scampaboy » January 15th, 2018, 4:50 pm

if i can add the solution regarding the mouse speed actually worked.
In fact you dont need to make it slower it seems to work at all speeds. Its just ti fixes itself after the adjustment.

Im actually very happy with my little computer now, in fact it even feels a little snappier

by F0LLETT » January 16th, 2018, 11:29 am

scampaboy wrote:if i can add the solution regarding the mouse speed actually worked.
In fact you dont need to make it slower it seems to work at all speeds. Its just ti fixes itself after the adjustment.

Im actually very happy with my little computer now, in fact it even feels a little snappier

Can we think up a title for thread that will make people know exactly what your talking about, when they read it.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos