Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Bios reset and now no load screen or anything [Fixed] : Help (Linx 12) - 2

Bios reset and now no load screen or anything [Fixed]

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Re: Bios reset and now no load screen or anything [Fixed]

by joeontherun » January 13th, 2018, 9:32 am

No access to bios linx12x64

Thank you for your advise I have now gone back to Linx support to see if they can help with this the tablet is looking more bricked as the days go on see symptoms below

After bios changes

Built in LCD not working
External Micro HDMI not Working
Tablet keyboard (looks like its doing nothing maybe the port has been disabled)?
USB 3.0 port (usb thumb drive not initialising or powering)
Micro USB port (charge port) tried devices in there also using a OTG Cable no luck

It may still be loading to SHELL>> script however I cant get anything to initialise through the ports to get it to work (I do remember seeing when I get it to load to external screen going back before it got bad it loaded to the words SHELL>> " then something like Type start up.?? to do something,

I have also hooked up a computer to the micro usb (charge port) & USB 3.0 port (again no detection)

I think the only way to get this back on now maybe a firmware re-flash or some kind of bios reset button on the main board at least to get it back to the stage of seeing the external display ill see what there support comes back with

Moderators feel free to move my questions answers to a new board submission as it may confuse people looking for a fix and have them think his method don't work but it clearly does, sorry for hijacking your successful board Pete all the help was appreciated

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: ebuyer
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by krikey » February 20th, 2018, 11:49 pm

I too seem to be in the same position. I do not know if my tablet has booted as there is no indication from the screen or a power LED that its working. All I have is a flashing blue LED which I believe indicates that its charging.

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: Ebuyer.com

by Pete12x64 » February 21st, 2018, 7:55 pm

krikey wrote:I too seem to be in the same position. I do not know if my tablet has booted as there is no indication from the screen or a power LED that its working. All I have is a flashing blue LED which I believe indicates that its charging.

I'd suggest that you do the following

1. Plug an external monitor in
2. Press the power in for 15sec (this should force te device to reboot)
3. See if the logo comes up on the external monitor and it boots into windows

If it does then you can shut down and power on normally while holding the Delete key down and it should get you into the bios, see earlier possts for what to change.

If it does not go into loge then windows, try again a few times is all I caan suggets.
Linx12x64 + Win10 Pro + BitLocker + Samsung EvoPlus 64Gb + BT Mouse
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Microsoft

by krikey » February 25th, 2018, 6:35 pm

thank you. I sourced a micro HDMI and was able to recover to BIOS.

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: Ebuyer.com

by joeontherun » March 3rd, 2018, 8:00 am

Well done thanks to op for posting this fix,

if you are like me and miss this forum and attempt to switch it to internal display rather than the way its been disguised on the site say good bye to your x12 its a brick I had to send mine back no response from the company what a complete joke,

This should be fixed in testing phase or checked or repaired as an update for the rest of you with this tablet don't make a bios that can actually brake the thing! make something that restricts areas that will help resolve issues

Thanks for all your help people linx sorry but your support by email is 0 out of 10! :shock:

Retailer: ebuyer

by Tramalho » March 7th, 2018, 10:43 am

joeontherun wrote:Well done thanks to op for posting this fix,

if you are like me and miss this forum and attempt to switch it to internal display rather than the way its been disguised on the site say good bye to your x12 its a brick I had to send mine back no response from the company what a complete joke,

This should be fixed in testing phase or checked or repaired as an update for the rest of you with this tablet don't make a bios that can actually brake the thing! make something that restricts areas that will help resolve issues

Thanks for all your help people linx sorry but your support by email is 0 out of 10! :shock:

this forum is not oficial.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

by antimattero » March 13th, 2018, 10:11 am

Pete12x64 wrote:Okay so I managed to get things going again and discovered some things.

To get the video working again I had to change the Panel Config in the Bios to EDP (from MIPI).

This can be found under Bios > Chipset > North Bridge > Intel IGD Config > Panel Config

Here is the line in the Bios to change

Things I learned:
1. You can get into the bios by holding down DEL on the keyboard as you power on
2. Holding the power button for 15sec hard power-offs the tablet (or so it seems)
3. The default bios settings puts the Panel Config at MIPI, which does not work (blank tablet screen)
4. You can use n external monitor via the mini HDMI port
5. Resetting the Bios fixed my camera problem

I hope that helps others and don't mess with your Bios as some things will "brick" your tablet.

Oh man, you have no idea how long it took me to finally find out your thread! The thing is I did some nasty stuff with my Linx, I mean I just tried some Linux distros and other OSs as Android and most of them didn't work, until I wasn't able to run normally my Windows10 :D.
I thought the tablet is gone even the led did shine on me few times :D but after all, I had an idea to buy HMDI cable a test it as the last thing I could do and it works. So again I fixed most of the things except the black screen on the tablet, until 10mins ago! whoop whoop!!! I can't still use my screen as a tablet and still have some unrecognized devices in device manager, which I think is the screen and digitizer, but it is huge progress. I thought I have to sell it at price as parts only! Maybe I will give it a little bit more chance, will see. I bought it to run Linux on it. Old ThinkPad is a much better idea then.

Anyway, I am sure you deserve a TIP! If you have some BTC address or Litecoin, Monero whatever you're using, just let me know. You made my day today.

Thanks again! :geek:

Retailer: Amazon

by Tramalho » March 14th, 2018, 4:22 pm

antimattero wrote:
Pete12x64 wrote:Okay so I managed to get things going again and discovered some things.

To get the video working again I had to change the Panel Config in the Bios to EDP (from MIPI).

This can be found under Bios > Chipset > North Bridge > Intel IGD Config > Panel Config

Things I learned:
1. You can get into the bios by holding down DEL on the keyboard as you power on
2. Holding the power button for 15sec hard power-offs the tablet (or so it seems)
3. The default bios settings puts the Panel Config at MIPI, which does not work (blank tablet screen)

I hope that helps others and don't mess with your Bios as some things will "brick" your tablet.

Oh man, you have no idea how long it took me to finally find out your thread! The thing is I did some nasty stuff with my Linx, I mean I just tried some Linux distros and other OSs as Android and most of them didn't work, until I wasn't able to run normally my Windows10 :D.
I thought the tablet is gone even the led did shine on me few times :D but after all, I had an idea to buy HMDI cable a test it as the last thing I could do and it works. So again I fixed most of the things except the black screen on the tablet, until 10mins ago! whoop whoop!!! I can't still use my screen as a tablet and still have some unrecognized devices in device manager, which I think is the screen and digitizer, but it is huge progress. I thought I have to sell it at price as parts only! Maybe I will give it a little bit more chance, will see. I bought it to run Linux on it. Old ThinkPad is a much better idea then.

Anyway, I am sure you deserve a TIP! If you have some BTC address or Litecoin, Monero whatever you're using, just let me know. You made my day today.

linux is possible on this device, already try myself, but youll have to compile some kernel in order to make some hardware to work, like wifi, bt sound, etc.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

by Pete12x64 » March 17th, 2018, 3:52 pm

antimattero wrote:Anyway, I am sure you deserve a TIP! If you have some BTC address or Litecoin, Monero whatever you're using, just let me know. You made my day today.

Glad it helped and that's all the tip I need :)

I'm just an old geek trying to get along with new tech, without throwing it out the window most days.
Linx12x64 + Win10 Pro + BitLocker + Samsung EvoPlus 64Gb + BT Mouse
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Microsoft

by antimattero » April 9th, 2018, 10:19 am

Tramalho wrote:
antimattero wrote:

Things I learned:

linux is possible on this device, already try myself, but youll have to compile some kernel in order to make some hardware to work, like wifi, bt sound, etc.

yeah I know a Linux is possible to run on this device, unfortunately just as Live version, because I tried at least over 20 different distros and I wasn't caple of to install GRUB properly. I actually bought it for this reason. I saw nice piece of HW for good price and I thought, it's gonna be nice with some Linux distro. Especially, when this tablet is really low on RAM to run Windows. For example I ran Debian LXDE and it took just over 250MB of RAM instead of 1.3GB in Windows 10. When you open a few tabs in browser, it is really painful LOL I also tried some Android OS systems, I even had finally installed grub, but the sound and the problem with ON/OFF button made it totally unusable. thanks for your answer anyway

Retailer: Amazon

PreviousNext