Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Bios reset and now no load screen or anything [Fixed] : Help (Linx 12)

Bios reset and now no load screen or anything [Fixed]

If its broke and it doesn't turn on you probably wanna post in here.

Bios reset and now no load screen or anything [Fixed]

by Pete12x64 » December 16th, 2017, 5:16 pm

[UPDATE - FIX] See the other posts below on how I fixed this. The display has been set wrong in the default BIOS. You will need to use an external screen to access the BIOS and fix it.

In a bid to get my cameras to work I reset the bios to default settings. Only now it will not start-up.

I know changing things in there can brick these devices, which is why I have not touched anything but the camera. So now I am wondering if the default settings don't work, or has something else gone wrong.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Last edited by Pete12x64 on December 22nd, 2017, 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linx12x64 + Win10 Pro + BitLocker + Samsung EvoPlus 64Gb + BT Mouse
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: Microsoft
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Bios reset and now no load screen or anything

by Pete12x64 » December 16th, 2017, 10:26 pm

I have found if I plug an external monitor in it does boot and work fine except no tablet screen. It wont duplicate or extend to the tablet and thinks the separate screen is the main one.

If I try to get into the bios it does not display on the screen.

[Update] hold DEL on the keyboard while powering on and the bios comes up, for me on the external screen.

A slight Bonus is the camera now works!
Linx User
Linx User

Re: Bios reset and now no load screen or anything [Fixed]

by Pete12x64 » December 17th, 2017, 12:39 am

Okay so I managed to get things going again and discovered some things.

To get the video working again I had to change the Panel Config in the Bios to EDP (from MIPI).

This can be found under Bios > Chipset > North Bridge > Intel IGD Config > Panel Config

Here is the line in the Bios to change

Things I learned:
1. You can get into the bios by holding down DEL on the keyboard as you power on
2. Holding the power button for 15sec hard power-offs the tablet (or so it seems)
3. The default bios settings puts the Panel Config at MIPI, which does not work (blank tablet screen)
4. You can use n external monitor via the mini HDMI port
5. Resetting the Bios fixed my camera problem

I hope that helps others and don't mess with your Bios as some things will "brick" your tablet.
Last edited by Pete12x64 on December 22nd, 2017, 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linx User
Linx User

by Tramalho » December 22nd, 2017, 12:07 pm

This worked for me.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

by joeontherun » January 10th, 2018, 10:09 pm

Good evening,

I have gone and done something silly yes (reset the bios) I know after coming on the forum and reading its apparently not to be done any way it has :( now in the same position as the poster but it just got worse (i bought a micro hdmi and yeaaaa i got a display on an external tv but it boots to

Shell>>

so i booted in to the bios which came up on the TV however instead off following this forums instructions (i wasn't aware of this fix before i did this)

I set my display from auto to IGD!!!

thinking that would force it to the lcd on the tablet now im sitting with a surface that is loading but to no displays at all,why is there no documentation warning users not to reset bios when issues occur? any way is there anyone even the poster thatcan either give me blind instructions on resetting the bios or setting the display to similar to another post example

del >> right >> right >> down >> down

if someone can give me blind instructions i can either get the display working again or reset it, giving that the tablet is now loading to a shell its obviously not loading up the drives and stuff, may need help with that also,

Thank you,

Retailer: ebuyer

by joeontherun » January 11th, 2018, 1:11 pm

**update**

Tried checking out some images of the bios and tracing out the steps but still not having much luck I can see once in bios there's f key options

looking similar to f3 = reset to defaults f4 save & quit but still no display coming out the external I know its booting as when I pop in an external drive it lights up so its still actively working I just need the right key combination to bring it back to internal display or Reset then bring back to external display so I can then change it to external my self,

I was always under the impression that a "bios reset" was a failsafe not a brake that's not good, I can see quite a lot of returned linx 12x in the future,

by F0LLETT » January 12th, 2018, 11:54 am

joeontherun wrote:**update**

Tried checking out some images of the bios and tracing out the steps but still not having much luck I can see once in bios there's f key options

looking similar to f3 = reset to defaults f4 save & quit but still no display coming out the external I know its booting as when I pop in an external drive it lights up so its still actively working I just need the right key combination to bring it back to internal display or Reset then bring back to external display so I can then change it to external my self,

I was always under the impression that a "bios reset" was a failsafe not a brake that's not good, I can see quite a lot of returned linx 12x in the future,

As far as I know, threre is Default and a failsafe in bios's. What about asking Linx for BIOS, then create as bootable usb scripted to auto reflashing. Maybe that will help.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

by Pete12x64 » January 12th, 2018, 3:03 pm

Joeontherun, I sent you some key presses and screens via PM. As/if/when we get that to work I can put the answer here.

The F3 may work, or navigating to Save&Exit options.

The one problem I did note is I sometimes get a "Restore optimised settings" pop up on mine when i go into the bios, which means it is not certain that the staring point for counting key presses is the default one. Lets hope we can get your bios reset and then your external display back, so you can fix things.
Linx User
Linx User

by joeontherun » January 12th, 2018, 9:08 pm

Pete

Thank you for your very helpfully advice but the news is not good the more I look at it the more its looking like a bricked linx 12x64 so just for example,

before I changed to "IGD"

I was able to stick a USB thumb drive in it would light up like it was being read, after I did the change, im getting no lights from the USB thumb drive,

Iv tried everything I can think of tried USB keyboard followed your instructions 100% weird thing I have a USB caddy and its showing a light? which I find weird when I power the tablet, on this is how I know the tablet is on or off,

The top buttons still operate on off, but I really think its not allowing me to even get to the bios stage after that, it may be getting to the shell>> part of the login but not sure if the USB is actually functioning with data maybe its just power,

I may have to try get there support to help but I think im in the same category as the rest im a new proud owner of a Bricked linx 12x64 any advise would really help,

Thanks

by Pete12x64 » January 12th, 2018, 11:43 pm

Sorry to hear that, the only think I can suggest is holding the power button in for ages. I think that might hard reboot the device but I have no real way to tell.
Linx User
Linx User

Next