General chit-chat on the Linx Versare 12"
Pete12x64
Linx User
Linx User
Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 12"
Retailer: Microsoft
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

December 16th, 2017, 2:36 pm

I have tried two methods of streaming games from my main PC to my Linx12x64. I tried Steam and Moonlight.

:D 9/10 Steam worked really well, I got a full 1080p experience, the lag was negligible. You can stream non-steam games via this too. It s really easy to setup.
Bandwidth it was pulling at 15Mbps from my main PC.

:( 2/10 Moonlight (moonlight-stream.com) is an open source product that works with the Nvidia streaming capability. However, the PC client uses Google Chrome and was not a good experience at all. The lag was substantial, Chrome did noot use the GPU for rendering (even though I tried to get it to) and the mouse was unuseable (jumping all over the place). After tryng different configs etc.. I gave up and unistalled Chrome.
Linx12x64 + Win10 Pro + BitLocker + Samsung EvoPlus 64Gb + BT Mouse
krikey
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: Ebuyer.com

March 23rd, 2018, 11:57 am

I've streamed games from my main PC to the 12x64 and its worked very well, there was hardly any lag and maybe a dropped frame or two every few minutes. It seemed best over a 5G WiFi network over a 2.4 (at least in my experience).
F0LLETT
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

March 26th, 2018, 9:52 pm

Pete12x64 wrote:I have tried two methods of streaming games from my main PC to my Linx12x64. I tried Steam and Moonlight.

:D 9/10 Steam worked really well, I got a full 1080p experience, the lag was negligible. You can stream non-steam games via this too. It s really easy to setup.
Bandwidth it was pulling at 15Mbps from my main PC.

:( 2/10 Moonlight (moonlight-stream.com) is an open source product that works with the Nvidia streaming capability. However, the PC client uses Google Chrome and was not a good experience at all. The lag was substantial, Chrome did noot use the GPU for rendering (even though I tried to get it to) and the mouse was unuseable (jumping all over the place). After tryng different configs etc.. I gave up and unistalled Chrome.
I also use Splashtop. Its not really ment for streaming games, but I dont care, I use it for that, :).
Works well and if your streaming to android or ios, you can bring up an onscreen joypad.

Moonlight is only good for streaming PC to PSVita.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire