Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Power button : General (Linx 12)

Power button

General chit-chat on the Linx Versare 12"

Power button

by mole08 » November 12th, 2016, 9:24 am

Hi all, can a 1064 owner tell me if the power button is still positioned along the top edge ( as 1010 ) and is somewhat proud. Reason I am asking is that I am forever inadvertently turning on my 1010 when in transit and finding that the battery is dead, which is a pain if there is no mains to hand, or have linx made some provision to prevent this from happening. I suppose a hard case might solve issue, does one exist?. What about if the keyboard is attached and 'lid' closed, does it still fire up if button is pressed. I have been reasonably happy with my 1010 but if this is a superior beast then I could be persuaded. Thanks.
Mole.

Ps. I am considering some kind of clip to cover the power button, has anyone any ideas?
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Local store
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Power button

by topomorto » November 14th, 2016, 9:36 am

10v64 is the first linx tablet I've owned so can't directly compare with the 1010...

The button is slightly proud of the top surface, but as that top surface is angled backwards a little, the power button is fairly level with the front edge of the tablet.

pressing the power button with the key cover closed doesn't seem to wake the tablet from sleep mode (i.e. there's still a short delay before the thing wakes when opening the key cover) but I haven't experimented with all various power options.

When the tablet is actually shut down, I've found that a brief press isn't enough to turn it on.. I have to hold it down a little and then release.

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"
Retailer: Argos

by mole08 » November 14th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up Topomorto on the button, it seems much like the 1010 in design then. I have had a couple of occasions when the tablet has been in luggage and been pressed up against clothing and inadvertently turned on and drained the battery. I suppose as its not strictly a pc with a lid the fact that its 'shut' doesn't stop this happening. I was hoping that Linx feedback may have made for a better design or some sort of sensor in the hinge of the key board to overcome this.
Can I ask if you are happy with the 10v64 performance? Are you getting a good battery life from it and do you find win 10 64 performs well. There have not been many posts in this section so its hard to tell if there are many units out there or there are no issues with it.
Cheers
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Local store

by topomorto » November 15th, 2016, 12:11 am

I can see how the button could get pressed if packed against something. I guess it might be possible to carefully glue a thin dowel or something on the top back edge behind the power button, or just use a rubber band to hold some kind of small protective cup over it (like a mini jockstrap?!). Usually I go hunting in my box of junk in the shed for something that looks the right shape and take it from there...

On the whole I am fairly impressed with it so far, The computer I had before, while old, had a processor that was almost 3x as fast as the Atom in the linx, so in theory this is a step or two down. It seems to run win 10 quite happily though... it's pretty smooth, no big hangs so far, though installs/updates can take a while and it can take its time loading up complicated web pages.

The meter suggests about 6 hours of actual use on the battery, though it goes into power saver mode once you're in the last 20%.

I think there must be a few out there now... it went in and out of stock in my local Argos a couple of times while I was considering whether to buy it. I was wondering whether to wait for the 12v64 - the bigger screen res would be really handy - but it seemed it might be around £350 which could conceivably buy something a fair bit more powerful. If someone could bring that in under £300 it could be a great choice.

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"
Retailer: Argos