Remove Advertisement

Screenshot?

General chit-chat on the Linx Versare 10" & Linx Versare 12"

Screenshot?

Postby BekiDelaney91 » October 28th, 2016, 12:58 am

Hey,

Has anyone any idea how to screenshot, i have the 10" Versare. I've tried holding the windows icon and the volume down button and its just not doing anything at all.

Also any idea on how to disable the share panel when the keyboard is connected, it always seems to pop up when i'm in the middle of something important, and its getting really irritating. Other than that its an amazing tablet and I just wanna enjoy it.

TIA :)
BekiDelaney91

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Screenshot?

Postby alynsparkes » November 2nd, 2016, 12:03 pm

Hi Beki,
I've had one of these tablets for about a week now, and the share panel IS annoying. It's activated by swiping down into the touchpad area from outside it.
Unfortunately, it appears that THIS is the only way to capture screenshots besides using the snipping tool - Windows icon and vol-down doesn't work on mine either. I succesfully managed to capture a screenshot and 'Share' it to OneNote, although on mine I could have chosen 3D Builder, Cortana Reminders, Facebook, Fresh Paint, Mail, FB Messenger or Twitter. It looks like only UWP apps are supported, AND they have to be programmed to accept Windows 10 Sharing API (I can't share to Paint, Word or Photoshop for example).
I'll keep digging around in the settings and see if there's a way to reactivate the hardware screen capture, but it's likely to have been limited by the manufacturer.

Cheers,
Alyn
alynsparkes
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Postby alynsparkes » November 2nd, 2016, 12:53 pm

Hi Beki,
OK, screenshot capture I've sorted. It's [POWER] + [VOL-UP] and the files get saved into the Screenshots folder in your Pictures.

Not got the Share charm disabled yet...

Cheers,
Alyn
alynsparkes
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Postby BekiDelaney91 » November 6th, 2016, 10:15 pm

Hi Alyn

Thank you so much. I just had a play about, and it worked. You're a wee gem!

It seems the more I have used the tablet and gotten used to it, the share charm doesn't appear as much, but it is still annoying lol.

Thank you so much :)
Beki.
BekiDelaney91

Return to General (Linx 12/Versare)