Remove Advertisement

Xbox one streaming

General chit-chat on the Linx Versare 10" & Linx Versare 12"

Xbox one streaming

Postby drmozr » November 18th, 2016, 1:06 pm

Hi.

I bought a Linx 10V64 4GB Ram with the main purpose of streaming xbox one wirelessly to it, for casual gaming whilst the wife is watching the main TV.

Unfortunately, I cannot connect to the 5G band on my Virgin Superhub 2, as it only can see/connect to 2G, thus the xbox stream is very poor. Looking at the box is states 2G wifi on the back, so I may have made a mistake.

Is there anything that can be done (in software or by upgrading my cable router), or should I return it and save up for a surface?

It's a shame, because it's a nice bit of kit.

TIA!
drmozr

Linx Tablet: Linx Versare 10"
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Remove Ad

Re: Xbox one streaming

Postby mole08 » November 18th, 2016, 1:58 pm

mole08
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Local store
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby F0LLETT » November 18th, 2016, 8:00 pm

drmozr wrote:Hi.

I bought a Linx 10V64 4GB Ram with the main purpose of streaming xbox one wirelessly to it, for casual gaming whilst the wife is watching the main TV.

Unfortunately, I cannot connect to the 5G band on my Virgin Superhub 2, as it only can see/connect to 2G, thus the xbox stream is very poor. Looking at the box is states 2G wifi on the back, so I may have made a mistake.

Is there anything that can be done (in software or by upgrading my cable router), or should I return it and save up for a surface?

It's a shame, because it's a nice bit of kit.

TIA!

Do you have anything else thats 5G. If so can that see it and connect. I have a super hub2 and have it working perfect now after years of speed and connection issues.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision

Postby drmozr » November 19th, 2016, 12:34 am

Hi guys.

Thanks for the info.

So people use that dongle and can stream xbox over wifi then?

My router connects to many devices on the 5ghz spectrum fine (smart phones, tablets, and a laptop) and for a stock router is really stable.

The info on the back of the box states 2.4ghz wifi, so perhaps the chipset inside the new LINX does not support AC speeds that the xbox streaming appears to need?
drmozr

Postby mole08 » November 19th, 2016, 2:54 pm

drmozr wrote:Hi guys.

Thanks for the info.

So people use that dongle and can stream xbox over wifi then?

My router connects to many devices on the 5ghz spectrum fine (smart phones, tablets, and a laptop) and for a stock router is really stable.

The info on the back of the box states 2.4ghz wifi, so perhaps the chipset inside the new LINX does not support AC speeds that the xbox streaming appears to need?

Don't have 10v64 or Xbox so cannot say if it will definitely work for you.

Looking at the model online there appears to be different specs being stated. The 1020?, which I thought was the same model as the 10v64, states it has both channels available, ac/a/g/b/n, whereas one for a 10v64 just says its b/g/n so its seems confusing. This may not help at all but have you tried enabling the 'multi Channel concurrent' setting in the adapter config and seeing what happens?. Alternately you could always check with Exertis to see what your spec is. Sorry cannot be more definitive.
mole08
Linx User
Linx User

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: Local store

Postby drmozr » November 20th, 2016, 6:57 pm

Thanks Mole.

It is indeed just a 802.11b/g/n chipset, so will not do 5ghz.

I thought this was one of the latest models, and just assumed it would support the latest standards.

AH well. I will probably just return it and look for another solution. Although it runs brutal doom v20b pretty well so I don;t know... :)
drmozr

Postby Cliff » January 29th, 2017, 4:28 am

mole08 wrote:This may not help at all but have you tried enabling the 'multi Channel concurrent' setting in the adapter config and seeing what happens?

Turning on multi-channel-concurrent in the adapter config should let you receive twice the width of signal BUT you also need to log into the Virgin Superhub 2 so that you can turn on the appropriate settings inside the Wireless-Radio menu which is under the advanced-settings, otherwise there will be no improvement. The Superhub 2 is not set up to broadcast more than one channel to a single receiver by default in part because the range of a good signal is effectively a shorter distance and partly to reduce signal congestion.

I did it for a while on my main computer when I needed a much higher speed but was forced to use a 2.4GHz stick until a new 5Ghz arrived. I felt bad about it though because there are effectively only three 2.4Ghz channels to share for neighbours nearby 1, 6 and 11 and twice the speed means connecting to two of them. You can see the strength of each person's WiFi and which channels are used with software such as InSSIDer.

An alternative is a USB2 (or possibly usb3) to Ethernet adapter to connect to the hub physically which avoids problems of wireless totally, giving a good consistant speed with much less latency than WiFi if you don't mind being tethered to it.

The most obvious alternative for the tablet would be a 5ghz wireless stick where those bands are much less if at all used.
Cliff
Linx User
Linx User

Return to General (Linx Versare)