Remove Advertisement

How to install Remix OS! (tested on linx 10 only!)

Re: How to install Remix OS! (tested on linx 10 only!)

Postby bpharoah » January 19th, 2016, 2:13 pm

Sparkey159 wrote:
bpharoah wrote:
Sparkey159 wrote:Tried remaking the USB but to the same result.
The bios claims secure boot is off. It was off when I brought the device. (Is that normal?)

Thanks for the help guys. :)

You did use the Remix OS for PC Package (EFI) version of the image didn't you?

Yeah, I did. :cry:
Will spend the rest of the day attempting to get it to work.

Sorry. All I can tell you is it worked for me with the Guest login. Resident login just loops and loops and loops. Think it's my rubbish USB drive.
bpharoah
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Staples
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Postby Sparkey159 » January 19th, 2016, 2:35 pm

pjg_pigeon wrote:
The bios claims secure boot is off. It was off when I brought the device. (Is that normal?)

I had the same boot issues, see this post herehttp://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1676&p=9934#p9934, though I never got my 1010Light to actually start the Remix OS but it did USB boot.

I have a 7" Linx also I will retry again using this thread for both my devices.

UPDATE: (Posting this thru Remix OS on 1010Light,)
I have successfully booted into resident mode on my 1010Light, not sure if this is relevant, but I have the tablet in Portrait orientation on my desk, with the external monitor plugged in.
I will reboot and try without external monitor.

Thank you! :D I used Rufus instead of the creation tool that came with Remix and now the bios detects the usb perfectly!
Both modes seem to hang and not boot (I assume that I'm supposed to wait longer but I'm impatient)
Anyways, its a start and I'll mess with it to see if I can get it working. Maybe even try to install it onto the HDD.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am wrong about something, or if I break the rules in any way, just PM me and I'll do my best to fix my mistake.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sparkey159
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: PCWorld

Postby pjg_pigeon » January 19th, 2016, 2:42 pm

Sparkey159 wrote:
pjg_pigeon wrote:

I had the same boot issues, see this post herehttp://www.linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1676&p=9934#p9934, though I never got my 1010Light to actually start the Remix OS but it did USB boot.

I have a 7" Linx also I will retry again using this thread for both my devices.

UPDATE: (Posting this thru Remix OS on 1010Light,)
I have successfully booted into resident mode on my 1010Light, not sure if this is relevant, but I have the tablet in Portrait orientation on my desk, with the external monitor plugged in.
I will reboot and try without external monitor.

Thank you! :D I used Rufus instead of the creation tool that came with Remix and now the bios detects the usb perfectly!
Both modes seem to hang and not boot (I assume that I'm supposed to wait longer but I'm impatient)
Anyways, its a start and I'll mess with it to see if I can get it working. Maybe even try to install it onto the HDD.

If youre using a 1010light, try an external monitor it works for me and you will get a feel for how long your to wait when trying without monitor. It works on my PC monitor and my old Sony bravia TV

We might have to research x86 command line boot options for monitor settings

I've tried "nomodeset", "xforcevesa" & "nomodeset xforcevesa" all without success.
I did video the scrolling text output from using the above with the "DEBUG=2" parameter, but I am just stabbing in the dark and randomly trying stuff as a result of googling ideas.
pjg_pigeon
Original Member
Original Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010 Light
Retailer: Sainsbury's

Postby Amanygames » January 20th, 2016, 8:02 am

Thanks for helping ;D
Amanygames
Premium Member
Premium Member

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: amazon

Postby theroninhunter » May 16th, 2016, 10:12 am

So I've tried the remix installer, rufus for USB installation which completed fine, rebooted and accessed the bios menu.

It couldn't detect my supposed EFI USB stick. Now by chance I'd fudged my Windows BCD whilst debugging something anyway put my MS supplied Win10 EFI sitck in and the BIOS detected that one perfectly.

Any thoughts?
Kind regards,

Lewis Brooks
Linx Tablet 1010b
Windows 10 Home & Remix OS 2.0
theroninhunter

Retailer: Amazon

Postby F0LLETT » August 7th, 2016, 8:27 pm

theroninhunter wrote:So I've tried the remix installer, rufus for USB installation which completed fine, rebooted and accessed the bios menu.

It couldn't detect my supposed EFI USB stick. Now by chance I'd fudged my Windows BCD whilst debugging something anyway put my MS supplied Win10 EFI sitck in and the BIOS detected that one perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Make sure rufus is set to FAT32. Or it will not be seen.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Postby Graeme43 » August 23rd, 2016, 11:30 am

Works on my 1010b but stuck in landscape lol :|

Graeme43
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Amazon

Previous

Return to Remix OS