BootLoop Fix (All Help Appreciated)

playkite360
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Private Sale
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

December 30th, 2018, 3:24 pm

I have my Vision stuck in bootloop.

I have created a recovery USB using the official ISO supplied by Linx themselves.
Formatted FAT32 and files copied over to an 8GB SanDisk Cruzer.

When i try to boot from USB it loads and then a Blue Screen flashes up for a split second and then the cycle begins again.
I cannot boot into Windows normally. The blue screen error is ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

The problem first occured when i tried to use PhoenixOS, which if you're not familiar with this, is an Android Based Desktop OS which I have used in the past on previous tablets, laptops and PCs. It's ever since I went to boot into this alternate OS that the bootlooping started to occur.

It's almost as if the boot sequence for the Android based OS is conflicting with the UEFI/Windows boot patterns at a guess.
Is there way i can erase the internal storage of the device and reinstall the BIOS to resolve this?
Any suggestions welcome and I will be eternally grateful to whomever conceives the top solution.

Thanks in Advance
smokeydmcb
Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: currys

January 3rd, 2019, 7:49 pm

HI I had this problem, what u need to do is get a copy of android x86 (http://www.android-x86.org/download) and burn it to your usb stick, connect it to the tablet with an OTG cable while the tablet is off. Turn the tablet on by holding power and volume up until it takes u into the bios menu, choose boot from file, navigate to your usb and find boot32.efi and run it. Once I nthe setup get to the part where you format your drive and format it to fat32 and then quit the setup. get back into your bios settings and somewhere in there are the boot options (sorry dont have my tablet to hand) make sure your tablet is set to boot windows and not android. Download and burn a 32 bit copy of windows 10 home to your usb and connect it to the tablet, enter the bios again and choose boot from file, navigate to your usb and find boot32.efi, run it and windows should start to install. Hope this helps and let me know if it doesn't.
smokeydmcb

January 3rd, 2019, 7:57 pm

On a side note I could never get Phoenix OS to work properly, no sound and other driver issues. I did however manage to get android x86 and windows 10 to dual boot, the only downside being that every time you boot up you have to do so by holding power and volume up to get into the bios menu, choose boot from file then load either the android or windows boot32.efi file.
playkite360

January 3rd, 2019, 8:38 pm

Thanks for the info Smokey, i'll give this a shot. I did try booting up Gparted live to delete the partition causing the problem but because of limitations with only being a single USB on the tablet and no powered hub I was unable to use a keyboard to navigate the menus etc.

I'm hoping this is the solution i've been looking for. ISO downloaded and transferred USB. Here goes, fingers crossed!!
playkite360

January 3rd, 2019, 9:39 pm

I seem to be having the same problem. I allow android86 to boot into the default option at the menu but then it says it detects android_86 at some directory and then hangs and reboots.

When you went through this, which android_86 version did you use? And did you have to use a keyboard?
Sounds a bit noobish, but just curious to know exactly what you did in a little more depth.
smokeydmcb

January 3rd, 2019, 11:02 pm

That is strange, the only thing I can think of is changing the boot options in the bios, I had to mess around with them a bit. you could try, bios menu>setup utility> advanced> boot configuration and try changing the droid boot, android boot and OS selection to favor android when doing the formatting and windows when installing. I do these things and dont make any notes so im trying to go from memory. I know its really frustrating and I nearly gave up, but you will get there. As for GParted I have used that with success before and you do not need a powered hub, I use a non-powered 4 way usb hub and that works fine and if I remember correctly its a whole load easier with a mouse too.

EDIT: I always just go for the most recent version of android x86.
playkite360

January 4th, 2019, 10:31 am

Thanks for your further advice and suggestions. I will try these later today.
I think that the USB hub i've been using isn't working the way it should, it doesn't seem to be distributing enough power to the USB drive and the keyboard simultaneously or even feeding back keypresses/data efficiently. So, i will go out and buy another USB hub and see where that gets me.
I'll post my findings later and if i succeed ay write up a post for anyone that experiences similar issues.
smokeydmcb

January 4th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Heres the hub I use https://www.belkin.com/uk/p/P-F4U021/ It even works with my keyboard that has a ton of lights on it and my mouse that's covered in lights at the same time.
playkite360

January 6th, 2019, 11:33 am

I managed to get hold of another USB hub but was like pulling teeth in the shops in my local area.
But anyhow, I've managed to get it sorted with a lot of time and patience as the android-x86 iso didn't work for me, I stuck with gparted live and took a few boots to get it all done.
Another issue was that the original USB drive I was using was utter crap, so switched drives and things went a little smoother.

Thanks for the help smokey, I'm happy to have my vision restored. Now just to get some games on the go and find me a decent sd card too.

I'll write up a guide in a separate post for anyone else that may need help with the problems we've dealt with.

Cheers