Skype does not recognize a microphone.

ratmandom
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

June 29th, 2018, 8:45 pm

:arrow: setting up the tablet, cortana I could talk to and she would talk back.

I have tried a few windows settings - it said no problems found,

I have checked the device manager I cant see the mic driver, and I tried searching to add a new device in device manager.

still the mic is not recognized.

any advice people ?

PS I am lost here and needing some help :?:
Rat Man Dominic(rats are the best pet)
Tribolin

July 5th, 2018, 2:59 pm

I had the same problem like 3 days ago. I had to install the latest update and restart, it magically appeared again.
ratmandom
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

July 8th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Tribolin wrote:I had the same problem like 3 days ago. I had to install the latest update and restart, it magically appeared again.
it has a mic built into the tablet yet it does not work for me !

do you have to program you self to get this stuff to work.
:roll:
David64
Retailer: Computers

August 22nd, 2018, 2:12 pm

Same thing was working now not. Not appearing as device in device manager just has speakers no mic.tried windows update but still not there. Please help.
David64
Retailer: Computers

August 22nd, 2018, 4:11 pm

FIXED. Got on to Microsoft online help. Technician downloaded latest update and mic appeared in device manager. He selected get latest driver for this device and it disappeared again.
He then went to command prompt and did system 32 scan . It came up with no problems but the mic is now working for voice rec and skype. I asked how he did it so I could fix it myself if it went again and he said it was a corupted mic problem (suggesting hardware not software which is strange as it was fixed by playing with the software not the hardware). So either Microsoft are aware of this but will not admit it or l'm a know nothing lemon. Anyhow give them a try. They did fix it. Will let you know if it goes again.
ratmandom
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

August 31st, 2018, 4:31 pm

I think it is the Linx tablet makers that don't update there firmware that has left the linx vision like that, plus some games will not run in full screen. Since the frimware is discontinued by them there probably will not be a fix for this. All you can rely on is some one working at home like that will happen any way.

:o
F0LLETT
Retailer: Argos

September 11th, 2018, 10:24 am

ratmandom wrote:I think it is the Linx tablet makers that don't update there firmware that has left the linx vision like that, plus some games will not run in full screen. Since the frimware is discontinued by them there probably will not be a fix for this. All you can rely on is some one working at home like that will happen any way.

:o
Nothing to do with manufacturer. Its M$ plain and simple.
Corrupt Microphone indeed, never heard so much twoddle in my life. Corrupt, means software issue.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
lroyb
Retailer: ebay

January 3rd, 2019, 2:50 pm

i also have a problem after i use a bluetooth headset for game streaming. it happens every time. i found a temporary solution for it, i have to remove both the intel sst audio device and he realtek i2s audio codec, make sure to select remove the drivers and reboot.

after the reboot i have both the speakers and the microphone working
lroybrulz
Retailer: ebay

February 18th, 2019, 8:55 pm

Further to this.

Upon reboot I find that the microphone is always missing. and i have to disable and enable various devices in a specific order for the microphone to re-appear.

I got sick of keep going into device manager after every reboot, so I wrote a powershell script which does it for me, and is automatically run on every reboot.