Evo Sd card wont work!

kalberino
Member
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: April 29th, 2018, 10:44 am
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

April 29th, 2018, 7:16 pm

Can anyone confirm that the sd drivers in the link above work?


Slight edit: not above but on the previous page
90Ninety
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 3:30 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

October 14th, 2018, 9:00 pm

snooplogg wrote:Just thought I'd give my two cents, I've tried a 16GB, 64GB and recently a 128GB Micro SD card from Sandisk, and they work fine with my Linx Vision. I apparently have the standard Intel SD Host Controller drivers and standard Microsoft drivers and all of these SD cards worked just fine. They are all SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-1 Card with Adapter, the new A1 standard for faster app performance, bought from Amazon. Make sure it's from Amazon Eu themselves and not from another seller to ensure they are genuine. As I said they all worked fine.

This is the 128GB SD card I tried: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microS ... B073S8TQH6

What speeds are you getting with these cards in the link ? My older version Sandisk extreme ( 128GB) was fast 80MB but dissconected all the time and was slowed when loading Folletts drivers
You can only learn how to fix things , if you learn to break them first .
F0LLETT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1197
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

October 15th, 2018, 11:27 am

90Ninety wrote: What speeds are you getting with these cards in the link ? My older version Sandisk extreme ( 128GB) was fast 80MB but dissconected all the time and was slowed when loading Folletts drivers
Its wierd, I still don't have any issues, I have since changed drivers to an even earlier version and get nice speed and no disconnects.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
90Ninety
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 3:30 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

October 15th, 2018, 11:44 am

F0LLETT wrote:
90Ninety wrote: What speeds are you getting with these cards in the link ? My older version Sandisk extreme ( 128GB) was fast 80MB but dissconected all the time and was slowed when loading Folletts drivers
Its wierd, I still don't have any issues, I have since changed drivers to an even earlier version and get nice speed and no disconnects.

What specific Sandisk card are you now using? It seems Sandisk have released a few more iterations since our last posts on this .

What speed are you getting ?

I denoted my Sandisk elsewhere because it kept disconnecting with the generic drivers ( though was very fast ) . I replaced it with a Samsung Evo which ran reliably with generic drivers but has now decreased in speed typically 30MB read .

I want to get the Sandisk 200GB , as it appears a poster on a thread has this working , or perhaps windows has just patched their OS to work better , who knows ?
You can only learn how to fix things , if you learn to break them first .
90Ninety
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 3:30 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

October 15th, 2018, 10:34 pm

It would be nice to have a sticky on compatible SD cards , along with their speeds
You can only learn how to fix things , if you learn to break them first .
90Ninety
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 3:30 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

October 15th, 2018, 10:37 pm

snooplogg wrote:Just thought I'd give my two cents, I've tried a 16GB, 64GB and recently a 128GB Micro SD card from Sandisk, and they work fine with my Linx Vision. I apparently have the standard Intel SD Host Controller drivers and standard Microsoft drivers and all of these SD cards worked just fine. They are all SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-1 Card with Adapter, the new A1 standard for faster app performance, bought from Amazon. Make sure it's from Amazon Eu themselves and not from another seller to ensure they are genuine. As I said they all worked fine.

This is the 128GB SD card I tried: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microS ... B073S8TQH6
Have you done some speed tests ?

Could you run Crystal Disk mark and post results?
You can only learn how to fix things , if you learn to break them first .
F0LLETT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1197
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

October 16th, 2018, 9:38 pm

90Ninety wrote:
F0LLETT wrote:
90Ninety wrote: What speeds are you getting with these cards in the link ? My older version Sandisk extreme ( 128GB) was fast 80MB but dissconected all the time and was slowed when loading Folletts drivers
Its wierd, I still don't have any issues, I have since changed drivers to an even earlier version and get nice speed and no disconnects.

What specific Sandisk card are you now using? It seems Sandisk have released a few more iterations since our last posts on this .

What speed are you getting ?

I denoted my Sandisk elsewhere because it kept disconnecting with the generic drivers ( though was very fast ) . I replaced it with a Samsung Evo which ran reliably with generic drivers but has now decreased in speed typically 30MB read .

I want to get the Sandisk 200GB , as it appears a poster on a thread has this working , or perhaps windows has just patched their OS to work better , who knows ?
Same card as before Sandisk 200GB 80MB/s write.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
90Ninety
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 3:30 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

October 18th, 2018, 9:15 pm

90Ninety wrote: What specific Sandisk card are you now using? It seems Sandisk have released a few more iterations since our last posts on this .

What speed are you getting ?
90Ninety wrote: I want to get the Sandisk 200GB , as it appears a poster on a thread has this working , or perhaps windows has just patched their OS to work better , who knows ?
F0LLETT wrote:[
Same card as before Sandisk 200GB 80MB/s write.
Can you be specific , model/ link?

I have tried three different 120GB SD cards which cost twice the amount of the tablet and am still getting issues
You can only learn how to fix things , if you learn to break them first .
F0LLETT
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1197
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

October 21st, 2018, 6:49 pm

90Ninety wrote:
F0LLETT wrote:
90Ninety wrote: What speeds are you getting with these cards in the link ? My older version Sandisk extreme ( 128GB) was fast 80MB but dissconected all the time and was slowed when loading Folletts drivers
Its wierd, I still don't have any issues, I have since changed drivers to an even earlier version and get nice speed and no disconnects.

What specific Sandisk card are you now using? It seems Sandisk have released a few more iterations since our last posts on this .

What speed are you getting ?

I denoted my Sandisk elsewhere because it kept disconnecting with the generic drivers ( though was very fast ) . I replaced it with a Samsung Evo which ran reliably with generic drivers but has now decreased in speed typically 30MB read .

I want to get the Sandisk 200GB , as it appears a poster on a thread has this working , or perhaps windows has just patched their OS to work better , who knows ?
SanDisk Ultra 200GB Class 10, I get advertised speed of 80MB/s when using exFAT. However if your using xFAT, you have to create a folder link to SD, else installing certain programs will complain its not NTFS and refuse to install.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Scott337
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: December 12th, 2017, 12:47 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Tesco
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

October 22nd, 2018, 5:01 pm

i still can't get the generic drivers to install i've tried uninstalling the windows drivers but it just re installs them them after reboot
Post Reply