Evo Sd card wont work!

RebeccaAshford
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: ebay.com
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

December 15th, 2017, 2:18 pm

hi everyone im new here two days ago i got my linx vision 8 tablet and ive been having nightmares with sd cards i used to get the timeouts after a few minutes using a kingston 64 bit so i tired some manual fixes like reinstalling drivers or formating the card i found this forum so i got a evo plus 64 gb it did the same thing so i tried fixing it by formating it didnt help so i got a evo 32gb not plus version and now it wont even see the card ive went to device manager and it shows the sd card class controller has a error code 10 ive uninstalled the driver several times and used microsofts error program and it cant fix the issue i dont know what to do

on a odd note if i use a old class 4 kingmax 4gb it works like it should no driver error

sorry for the run on sentence btw im not used to this tablet keyboard

anyone have any advice
RebeccaAshford

December 15th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Sorry if this is a double post but I have a update so I went and changed put my Evo 32gb for a pny 32 gb and it still won't work I don't understand why it won't recognize these but it will my old SD it seems any class 10 won't even recognize and pull a driver error
StopIt
Retailer: ebay

December 29th, 2017, 12:46 pm

Use the SD Drivers linked viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1766

The SD Card drivers fail with any larger SD Card for reasons beyond me. I have a 64GB MicroSD card which doesn't work without those drivers, and work fine with them.
F0LLETT
Retailer: Argos

January 2nd, 2018, 9:07 am

Yep, take the steps I posted. It doesn't solve issue 100%, but stops it from happening all the time. It only happens very rarely for me.
Its not the Tablet, its Microsoft. This issue even happens on there all singing all dancing surface pro. Paying £1000+ and having an issue like this, is digusting. Microsoft should fix this issue once and for all.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
snooplogg
Retailer: Amazon

January 4th, 2018, 12:08 am

Just thought I'd give my two cents, I've tried a 16GB, 64GB and recently a 128GB Micro SD card from Sandisk, and they work fine with my Linx Vision. I apparently have the standard Intel SD Host Controller drivers and standard Microsoft drivers and all of these SD cards worked just fine. They are all SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-1 Card with Adapter, the new A1 standard for faster app performance, bought from Amazon. Make sure it's from Amazon Eu themselves and not from another seller to ensure they are genuine. As I said they all worked fine.

This is the 128GB SD card I tried: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microS ... B073S8TQH6
F0LLETT

January 4th, 2018, 9:29 am

snooplogg wrote:Just thought I'd give my two cents, I've tried a 16GB, 64GB and recently a 128GB Micro SD card from Sandisk, and they work fine with my Linx Vision. I apparently have the standard Intel SD Host Controller drivers and standard Microsoft drivers and all of these SD cards worked just fine. They are all SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-1 Card with Adapter, the new A1 standard for faster app performance, bought from Amazon. Make sure it's from Amazon Eu themselves and not from another seller to ensure they are genuine. As I said they all worked fine.

This is the 128GB SD card I tried: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microS ... B073S8TQH6
Have you tested each and every one to see if problem doesn't exist?
As soon as you login and open file explorer, does it show instantly and card is present?
What happens if you reset a few times and do the checks above everytime?
What version of Windows are you running, latest?

The latest drivers do not work. Even the drivers I had been using before last update have stopped working like they used to. However I have just found more drivers that look like they have solved it 100%. Also with the latest M$ drivers, Im getting random BSOD and this is on a fresh install. BSOD, says its the sdbus driver causing the problem, switch from M$ and bingo, no more BSOD.
You must be the luckiest person alive, as not even people with the top of the range surface pro have it working correctly. Do a search on the net, you will find it effects every single Windows tablet.

Also have exactly the same Sandisk 128GB and it does not work correctly with stock drivers. Same as my 200GB Sandisk, only worked ok (disconnected very very rare) when I switched to the older drivers I was using. It also matters on way its formatted, alot of people may not realise that the quote the speeds from testing with exFAT. NTFS is really slow on these cards.

SD Storage problem is a massive problem. As when you install stuff to it and it goes awol. Then it screws up menus etc etc and storage locations revert back to C:\ which is a problem in my book. M$ should be doing something to resolve this, as some of use them like they were never intended (fully fledged PC, ;)). Only thing I have not tried on it yet is compiling my emulator for PSP on it. I think that may be pushing it.
Resolute and Industrious
snooplogg

January 5th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Yes the card works and file explorer pops up instantly when its inserted. I installed the official Intel display drivers, told Windows not to auto install any recommended drivers, then took the upgrade to the latest Creators Edition through Windows Update (version 1709, build 16299.125) As you can see I just pulled the 128GB SD card out of my S7 Edge, inserted it into the Vision, and it shows and is fully working. I have played numerous videos recorded on the phone from the card on the Vision, even 4K 4GB+ videos to proper test it and I havent had a single issue. The drivers for that SD card are all original, I've never updated them, they're bog standard. Anyway I just wanted to share my experience with cards I know that work.

snooplogg

January 5th, 2018, 2:44 pm

And yes I agree Microsoft has always been bad with SD cards. Anyone trying to get cards larger than 32GB to work on Windows 7 back in the day can attest to that :D
F0LLETT

January 5th, 2018, 11:57 pm

snooplogg wrote:And yes I agree Microsoft has always been bad with SD cards. Anyone trying to get cards larger than 32GB to work on Windows 7 back in the day can attest to that :D
Hmmm, wonder what is different to your Vision and everyone elses. No matter, old drivers I found are working 100% perfect. No issues what so ever and I have hammered it like hell trying to get it to fail. Installed same on my sons and his 128GB is rock solid now.

SD Host / Controller Drivers - Revised 5/1/18

To solve problems with large SD cards.

SD Drivers

Install the following with "have disk" in update driver.

1)Update Driver Software.
2)Browse My Computer for driver software.
3)Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
4)Have Disk.
5)Browse.
6)Point to correct folder as detailed below.
7)OK.
8)Next.

It will now install the driver, if it says its not signed, ignore and install.
If it asks to restart / reset, say NO. Change all drivers then restart.

SD host adapters, Intel SD Host Controller (there is 3 of them, do same for each).
Use sdbus.inf_x86_c83c0a6e5a47667c folder.

Storage controllers, SD Storage Class Controller (there is 2 of them, so same for each).
Use sdstor.inf_x86_f47e19133e18faa2 folder.

Also make sure "USB Selective Suspend" is disabled and the device "Allow computer to shut down device" unticked.
Resolute and Industrious
RebeccaAshford

January 8th, 2018, 9:18 pm

I sent back those sd cards so i'll try some of these tips when i get another one thanks for all the replies!