i have a 200gb sandisk

ratmandom
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

September 28th, 2017, 11:47 pm

just wondering if any one else has this card mine unmounts now and then used it a few times but when i boot up windowz it dosent work i have to take it out and put it back in
Rat Man Dominic(rats are the best pet)
F0LLETT
Retailer: Argos

October 4th, 2017, 11:07 am

Hi,

Welcome. You should really use search function. Its a well known issue.
http://linxtablet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1766
Use the drivers here for now. I have not had chance to update guide yet, but I have even better drivers, however the link posted to should help at the moment.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
beerbarian
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: 2nd hand

October 23rd, 2017, 2:43 pm

F0LLETT wrote:Hi,

Use the drivers here for now. I have not had chance to update guide yet, but I have even better drivers, however the link posted to should help at the moment.
Can you please share your updated drivers for the SD card slot?
This problem is driving me nuts. I can sometimes get it to work temporarily by mixing and matching the downrev drivers for some components but it tends to just be extremely unstable after a while and I've tried 3 different cards, a Samsung 8GB, a Patriot 16GB and a Samsung EVO+ 128GB.
Previous to the "creators update" and now the "fall creators update" which I just upgraded to in another effort to fix, things were more stable.
But doing a full driver replacement as guided does not work for me any more, it will only detect the card if I change just the "Intel SD Host Controller" driver to the downrev one, the "SD Storage Class Controller" driver in your zip does not load any more in latest version of Windows it seems.
Thanks.
F0LLETT

October 24th, 2017, 10:42 am

beerbarian wrote:
F0LLETT wrote:Hi,

Can you please share your updated drivers for the SD card slot?
This problem is driving me nuts. I can sometimes get it to work temporarily by mixing and matching the downrev drivers for some components but it tends to just be extremely unstable after a while and I've tried 3 different cards, a Samsung 8GB, a Patriot 16GB and a Samsung EVO+ 128GB.
Previous to the "creators update" and now the "fall creators update" which I just upgraded to in another effort to fix, things were more stable.
But doing a full driver replacement as guided does not work for me any more, it will only detect the card if I change just the "Intel SD Host Controller" driver to the downrev one, the "SD Storage Class Controller" driver in your zip does not load any more in latest version of Windows it seems.
Thanks.
Have you also followed rest of guide. You need to tell it to not turn off controllers etc etc in Device manager. If this is not done, it will put SD slot to sleep.
Resolute and Industrious
beerbarian
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

October 24th, 2017, 12:58 pm

F0LLETT wrote: Have you also followed rest of guide. You need to tell it to not turn off controllers etc etc in Device manager. If this is not done, it will put SD slot to sleep.
Yes I had followed it to the letter. Sometimes the problem is almost immediate after inserting a card (explorer hanging/freezing).
As I had eluded to (or hoped I had), I had to change things up in recent Windows builds because replacing every driver as detailed in the guide just wouldn't work any more.
I will try it again just to be sure, the Windows build upgrades probably reverted any power customization to defaults.
beerbarian
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

October 24th, 2017, 2:03 pm

I ran through the guide and replaced all drivers again and also ensure the power management/power saving feature was disabled in device manager and rebooted as needed.
Still hangs/freezes randomly, sometimes withing seconds of read/write, which makes me doubt it's a power saver timeout thing. Interestingly, this time after I added an SD card, it marked the volume policy as quick removal (default) and it would have a more readily visible hardware error but not eject the card.
I changed it to 'better performance' (caching) on the volume policy, still had problems but be slower and uglier to manifest itself.
Your guide has a screen shot from Power Options from control panel? The one detailing USB Selective Suspend?
I'm familiar with that setting but could not see it in Windows 10 in the advanced setting area on this tablet.
F0LLETT

October 25th, 2017, 11:05 am

beerbarian wrote:I ran through the guide and replaced all drivers again and also ensure the power management/power saving feature was disabled in device manager and rebooted as needed.
Still hangs/freezes randomly, sometimes withing seconds of read/write, which makes me doubt it's a power saver timeout thing. Interestingly, this time after I added an SD card, it marked the volume policy as quick removal (default) and it would have a more readily visible hardware error but not eject the card.
I changed it to 'better performance' (caching) on the volume policy, still had problems but be slower and uglier to manifest itself.
Your guide has a screen shot from Power Options from control panel? The one detailing USB Selective Suspend?
I'm familiar with that setting but could not see it in Windows 10 in the advanced setting area on this tablet.
Im currently very busy at moment. Getting ready to leave for Germany tomorrow.
When I get back, will try and upload my current drivers. Im running fresh install of Creators Edition (as it would not update, I had to do it manually).
Resolute and Industrious
beerbarian
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

October 25th, 2017, 1:39 pm

F0LLETT wrote: Im currently very busy at moment. Getting ready to leave for Germany tomorrow.
When I get back, will try and upload my current drivers. Im running fresh install of Creators Edition (as it would not update, I had to do it manually).
I'd appreciate that, thanks. Even a pointer towards your source for these drivers (another manufacturer and/or similar hardware/chipset?) would help me look into it myself.
I have been emailing the address on the http://www.linxvision.co.uk/ website and they have been replying regularly but the best they could do was provide me with the RTM release of Windows 10 that shipped with the Linx Vision initially.
F0LLETT

October 26th, 2017, 8:07 am

beerbarian wrote:
F0LLETT wrote: Im currently very busy at moment. Getting ready to leave for Germany tomorrow.
I'd appreciate that, thanks. Even a pointer towards your source for these drivers (another manufacturer and/or similar hardware/chipset?) would help me look into it myself.
I have been emailing the address on the http://www.linxvision.co.uk/ website and they have been replying regularly but the best they could do was provide me with the RTM release of Windows 10 that shipped with the Linx Vision initially.
I just kept hunting for drivers. Can't remember which manufacturer. I have them some where on my Home PC.
I will just do a dump of my current Vision drivers. That should be enough.

Thinking about it. There could also be something else I have done, which could be a factor as to why mine is alot more stable.
I have also tweaked the bios (disabling USB ports which are not used, etc etc.). I have tweaked alot in both bios and OS.
I was working on new ISO for latest version of Windows 10. Just had a few issues with touch screen in recovery.
Resolute and Industrious
beerbarian
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

November 12th, 2017, 9:00 pm

Any hope of getting a copy of those working drivers?