Remove Advertisement

Some games hang for almost a second

Some games hang for almost a second

Postby TitoBridge » January 2nd, 2017, 3:48 pm

Hi,

First of all, I apologize in advance for my English. My native language is Spanish and my post is likely to be a bit inaccurate because of that.

I'm owner of a Linx Vision and I'm having some issues with some games. Some of them are related to the tablets low-end specs, which I expected, but sometimes I'm having 1 second hangs in some games that should be running nicely, like Final Fantasy VIII (Steam version) for instance, or Grid (under a minimum graphics setting)

I wonder if this is a common issue and if there's a solution. Next, I'm providing you with some information about the configuration of my Linx Vision:

- Windows 10 Home 32 bit
- Samsung EVO 128 GB MicroSD
- Allocated IGP memory increased from 32 MB to 64 MB (turbo boost disabled)
- Latests graphics drivers provided by Intel Driver Update Utility (I tried the graphic drivers from de drivers pack that we can download from here and the hangs still happen)

Thank you very much for your time and happy new year :-)
Last edited by TitoBridge on January 2nd, 2017, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TitoBridge

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Amazon UK
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Some games hang for almost a second

Postby Orangecroc » January 2nd, 2017, 6:17 pm

Which drive are they installed on. I've had serious issues with running stuff from my SD card, but it now appears it may be because it's corrupted.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
Orangecroc
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: PC World

Postby TitoBridge » January 2nd, 2017, 6:52 pm

Orangecroc wrote:Which drive are they installed on. I've had serious issues with running stuff from my SD card, but it now appears it may be because it's corrupted.

I have them running from the micro SD, set as a folder in C, not as an external storage device.
TitoBridge

Postby Orangecroc » January 2nd, 2017, 8:44 pm

How do you set it as that? I will try it with a new card. I think the one I have is corrupted.

Orangecroc
Linx User
Linx User

Postby TitoBridge » January 2nd, 2017, 9:02 pm

Orangecroc wrote:How do you set it as that? I will try it with a new card. I think the one I have is corrupted.

Don't take the names that I'm going to give you literally, because my Windows is in Spanish, so I'm going to translate them into English:

You have to go to Disk Management and there you'll see your storage units: The C partition, where you have Windows, and your micro SD. You have to open the menu on the micro SD and remove de letter that it is used to identify it. Then, you have to format it and instead of selecting a letter, you'll have to use an option that allows you to mount the SD as a folder. Sorry for not being more accurate, I'm speaking from memory, but the process is more or less that.
TitoBridge

Postby Orangecroc » January 3rd, 2017, 6:21 pm

Thank you, I was able to do it from your instructions. Unfortunately I believe the issue is with my card. I think it is corrupted.

Orangecroc
Linx User
Linx User

Return to Help (Linx Vision)