Remove Advertisement

Resolution issues in games and emulators

Resolution issues in games and emulators

Postby mistac » December 20th, 2016, 9:55 am

Hi. Firstly, thanks for taking time to read.

I've just purchased a Linx Vision but I'm experiencing a strange problem with the display resolution in games and emulators (mostly emulators).

The Vision display resolution is set to the recommend 1280*800 but if I try to run any games or emulators in anything over 800*600 (within the game/emulator software settings) then the whole picture is larger than the screen and shifted approximately 10% to the right so it runs off-screen bottom-right.

I've tried various video plugins with emulators, tried various settings combinations, but all offer the same issue. It's not just one, or a handful, it's every emulator I've tried.

Has anyone else experienced this and could possibly please offer advice to resolve? Thank you.
mistac

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Remove Ad

Re: Resolution issues in games and emulators

Postby F0LLETT » December 20th, 2016, 11:40 pm

mistac wrote:Hi. Firstly, thanks for taking time to read.

I've just purchased a Linx Vision but I'm experiencing a strange problem with the display resolution in games and emulators (mostly emulators).

The Vision display resolution is set to the recommend 1280*800 but if I try to run any games or emulators in anything over 800*600 (within the game/emulator software settings) then the whole picture is larger than the screen and shifted approximately 10% to the right so it runs off-screen bottom-right.

I've tried various video plugins with emulators, tried various settings combinations, but all offer the same issue. It's not just one, or a handful, it's every emulator I've tried.

Has anyone else experienced this and could possibly please offer advice to resolve? Thank you.

Definitely an emulator issue unless it happens windows etc etc.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby Orangecroc » December 25th, 2016, 8:59 pm

If you have the option in graphic settings on the program/game make sure v-sync is on.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
Orangecroc
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: PC World
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Postby neloforster » December 30th, 2016, 5:48 pm

I experienced something similar when using epsxe. I had to right click the .exe and go into properties > compatibility > ensure 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' is ticked.

Hope this helps!
neloforster

Retailer: Game
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Return to Help (Linx Vision)