Remove Advertisement

Linx Vision sd card help needed

Linx Vision sd card help needed

Postby barneyboy » October 20th, 2016, 7:29 pm

Hi,
I am new to this forum and a bit of a noob. I hope this post is ok here though I realise its not a new topic.
I have bought a Vision from ebay which the previous owner bought as an argos refurb. The tablet from new had win 10 installed. The tablet has just performed the anniversary update. I am pleased with the tablet overall and everything seems to work fine apart from the sd card feature. This did not work before the update and is still not working. I have tried 32g kingston andsandisk cards to no avail.

The tablet knows when a card is inserted but it never shows properly :

the card never shows as a storage option in settings,storage
the card sometimes shows in this pc usually as drive D either with an icon, HDSC or something or just sd card
the card sometimes shows up under device manager as a generic sd card
if a card is inserted disk management just hangs up but works ok other wise
sometimes it tells me to insert a disk into drive d !

I have installed the latest drivers curtesy of this forum, many thanks, ie disk drive,sd host and usb but no luck.
The cards work without problem in my other pc's.
Apologies for length of post, I really would like to keep the tablet but need the additional memory.
Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Barneyboy
barneyboy

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: ebay ex argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: Linx Vision sd card help needed

Postby F0LLETT » October 21st, 2016, 10:33 am

Maybe I should move my Guide back to this section.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1766
Give the drivers a go, that I posted.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos

Postby barneyboy » October 22nd, 2016, 11:16 am

Thanks for reply. I have downloaded the drivers from your guides before and although the tablet installs them (?) it refuses to read the card and still prompts to install a disk in drive D , there are no alerts showing in device manager.

Having said this I am not much of a techy so could you please confirm :-

the dates of the drivers I should use ( I assume latest is best and that none of the older intel 2006 drivers will work.

I assume I should be pointing at the setup inf files for the respective device driver update.

I am resigned to not using the sd card storage anyway as I understand we cannot yet save apps to them. I suppose I should be happy that windows updates have not yet bricked the tablet unlike some unfortunate others. Thanks for your patience.
barneyboy

Retailer: ebay ex argos

Postby F0LLETT » October 23rd, 2016, 12:08 pm

barneyboy wrote:Thanks for reply. I have downloaded the drivers from your guides before and although the tablet installs them (?) it refuses to read the card and still prompts to install a disk in drive D , there are no alerts showing in device manager.

Having said this I am not much of a techy so could you please confirm :-

the dates of the drivers I should use ( I assume latest is best and that none of the older intel 2006 drivers will work.

I assume I should be pointing at the setup inf files for the respective device driver update.

I am resigned to not using the sd card storage anyway as I understand we cannot yet save apps to them. I suppose I should be happy that windows updates have not yet bricked the tablet unlike some unfortunate others. Thanks for your patience.

My guide explains step by step on how to install them. If your not getting any sound, you sure your sd slot is fine?
What does it say in device manager, any unknown drivers?

You can put apps on SD, just go into the settings and tell it to store them on SD (example E:\ being your SD mount point).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT

Retailer: Argos

Postby paulmilly1 » December 28th, 2016, 10:10 am

Hi all,

I have just purchased a SanDisk 32gb card for installing steam games to. The games have installed fine and are playable however the SD card keeps disconnecting and is not recognised by the tablet. Any ideas? Cheers
paulmilly1

Retailer: Ebay

Postby 90Ninety » December 28th, 2016, 3:41 pm

There are lots of threads with issues with Sandisk Cards , there are fixes which require messing around with the drivers , however I would recommend exchanging it for a Samsung Card

I got both a Samsung Evo 128GB and A Sandisk Ultra 128GB , I initially got the Sandisk but had problems - (read below ) , so went for the samsung Evo

Firstly I bench-marked them on a regular PC With a Kingston USB 3.0 Reader

According to The benchmark the Sandisk trounced the Samsung Eco with all read and write operations , the Sandisk was twice as fast hitting its advertised 80MB read speeds

The speeds of the sandisk was also faster in the linx with the standard generic drivers , however even with the generic windows drivers there is stability issues with the Sandisk , it kept disconnecting , it transpired after reading on the forums here that the card required special drivers to stop it from dismounting .
When I manually installed the custom drivers the Sandisk did stabilize and did not dismount anymore , however the Card was bottle necked to 10MBps , everything seemed sluggish and programs took minutes to fire up
On the other hand the Samsung Evo was hitting 36 MBps with no dropping out or messing around , the tablet felt more responsive and programs including steam have been running fine since

The Samsung Evo trumps the Sandisk and is four times faster at up to 40MBps (sequential read) and stable as a rock without any need to mess with drivers

For that reason I would not advise on Sandisk with this device at all
Linx Vision - stuck in boot loop
90Ninety
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: None
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Postby Orangecroc » December 28th, 2016, 5:49 pm

I've installed FOLLETT's drivers and tested a 64gb sd card from my phone to make sure the larger cards were recognised. Happy that that one was, I've ordered myself a Samsung evo+ 128gb card. From reading that the normal Samsung evo performs well, I'm looking forward to having some extra reliable storage.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
Orangecroc
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: PC World

Return to Help (Linx Vision)