Remove Advertisement

volume and lock screen keys not working

volume and lock screen keys not working

Postby grimshaft5000 » February 2nd, 2016, 9:27 pm

Hello,

Turned my linx on today,went to turn the volume up and the it doesn't work and the down button takes it to the lock/switch user/sign out/task manger screen I push the lock screen button once and it asks me if I want to shut down the tablet

Help would be much appreciated
grimshaft5000

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Remove Ad

Re: volume and lock screen keys not working

Postby Popc0rn » February 9th, 2016, 8:43 pm

grimshaft5000 wrote:Hello,

Turned my linx on today,went to turn the volume up and the it doesn't work and the down button takes it to the lock/switch user/sign out/task manger screen I push the lock screen button once and it asks me if I want to shut down the tablet

Help would be much appreciated

The first thing I'd suggest is doing a full antivirus sweep, then a sweep with Malwarebytes. Allow them to do a thorough check.
Popc0rn
Linx Nerd
Linx Nerd

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: Amazon

Re: volume and lock screen keys not working

Postby shinogi » December 10th, 2016, 3:21 pm

I'm having the same problems, did you figure it out? I'm trying to find how to config the volume buttons but not having much luck.

Edit: I found "Set tablet buttons to perform certain actions" by searching in the taskbar, hopefully that helps you out unless you end up running into the problem I've just ran into. On my tablet when I click on "set tablet buttons..." I have a message error saying "Tablet buttons are not installed. Please check manufactures website or documentation" but I'm not having any luck finding anything.

Edit: Updated Windows 10 and seemed to resolve the problem, "Set tablet buttons..." still brings up the same message but the volume buttons are functioning properly again. Still no idea what the driver or where it is in the registry though, if anyone knows let me know please.
shinogi

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Amazon

Return to Help (Linx Vision)