Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

June 7th, 2017, 4:27 pm

Please can you post Working Links? need the gpu ram mod
bazza360
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Ebay

July 1st, 2017, 9:45 am

Hi, fairly new to this and would also appreciate links to the batch files too please
If not, just the text so we can make our own would be great?
Thanks in advance
Aftershock
Retailer: Amazon

July 31st, 2017, 2:43 pm

I've got a 128gb Samsung EVO Plus in my Vision 8. Doesn't disconnect but the read speed is pretty bad. About 30MB sec.

I think I'm going to have to back up my current drivers and try the alternate ones. I may take it out and speed-test it via an adapter on my desktop first though. I'm sure I was getting close to 80MB on other devices.

Anyone else experienced similar issues?

EDIT:- Sorry, I hit edit instead of quote, :(. Naughty F0LLETT.
grizzletablet
Retailer: argos

September 1st, 2017, 9:13 pm

VortexHD wrote:Please can you post Working Links? need the gpu ram mod

Also need this
F0LLETT
Retailer: Argos

September 9th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Aftershock wrote:I've got a 128gb Samsung EVO Plus in my Vision 8. Doesn't disconnect but the read speed is pretty bad. About 30MB sec.

I think I'm going to have to back up my current drivers and try the alternate ones. I may take it out and speed-test it via an adapter on my desktop first though. I'm sure I was getting close to 80MB on other devices.

If your not going to be unplugging it, just enable caching. Speeds things up alot.
bazza360 wrote:Hi, fairly new to this and would also appreciate links to the batch files too please
Thanks in advance
Sorry, I broke, my home server. I was messing with apache and forgot all about it. When I came back, I completely forgot what I was messing with. Just have not had time to resetup entire server again. Transfering 1TB, is a nightmare.

Will see about moving them to my google account tomorrow.

EDIT:- Scratch that, it appears I did fix server after all. All links fixed.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
F0LLETT
Retailer: Argos

September 11th, 2017, 8:05 am

To follow up on this. I will need to update guide. As I went nuts, researching / tweaking bios.

In GFX testing, I could only get 2 FPS. So I finished tweaking an got up to a decent 17 FPS (really good considering benchmarking hammers GPU). This tweaking also made my Vision, much more snappy and things are loading alot faster than they used to. I now also have the highest geekbench of all Visions, :). Single core Score = 868, Multi-Core Score = 2295.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
bazza360
Retailer: Ebay

September 26th, 2017, 6:46 am

F0LLETT wrote:
Aftershock wrote:I've got a 128gb Samsung EVO Plus in my Vision 8. Doesn't disconnect but the read speed is pretty bad. About 30MB sec.

If your not going to be unplugging it, just enable caching. Speeds things up alot.
bazza360 wrote:Hi, fairly new to this and would also appreciate links to the batch files too please
Thanks in advance
Sorry, I broke, my home server. I was messing with apache and forgot all about it. When I came back, I completely forgot what I was messing with. Just have not had time to resetup entire server again. Transfering 1TB, is a nightmare.

Will see about moving them to my google account tomorrow.

EDIT:- Scratch that, it appears I did fix server after all. All links fixed.
Just noticed this, thanks a lot for this, much appreciated :-)
lifetalker
Retailer: Dustin

October 10th, 2017, 11:32 am

I'm so grateful for this, this fixed my SD issues, that it was unmounted on every boot!
sphil
Retailer: eBay.co.uk

November 7th, 2017, 6:39 am

Do you notice difference in gaming after increasing VRAM? I think 114 MB isn't enough to feed the graphics, 256 MB must be big difference. Thank you, and update the guide please :)
beerbarian
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: 2nd hand

November 28th, 2017, 3:31 pm

lifetalker wrote:I'm so grateful for this, this fixed my SD issues, that it was unmounted on every boot!
What release of Windows 10 are you running (Win key +R > winver)?
I upgraded to Fall Creators Update (Version 1709 build 16299.64) when seems to have finally broke any ability to run any older version drivers for the SD card slot.
I've tried all the older drivers people have gathered and shared, and even though they appear to be installed, if I look at the driver details for example 'SD Storage Class Controller' it has the file version 10.0.16299.15 which is the OS provided one.