Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision : Help (Linx Vision) - 3

General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision

Re: General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision

by F0LLETT » March 28th, 2016, 3:47 pm

Jonthe838 wrote:
F0LLETT wrote:
Jonthe838 wrote:I'm loving your work with the vision tablet! I've bought one online and is waiting for it to be shipped to Sweden! The price of it here is closer to 200£ so I bought it from England and had it shipped here which was a lot cheaper.

Anyways, since one of my major concerns with the tablet was it's memory, I've bought a 128GB SD card so I would appreciate if you could upload the drivers again since the link over in the vision forums doesn't work. I want to be prepared for its arrival so that i can have it working as soon as possible! I'm also looking into making a vpn server so that I can stream my xbox one games on the go via WiFi and vpn.

Thank you for your brilliant guide!

Currently away as its easter. Will try connecting to home sever now and sort it.

EDIT:- Added here and to first post.
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Brilliant! Thank you so much! I can't wait to get my hands on the tablet now!

Can't garantee it will work for everyone. Its nothing special, I just found that downgrading SD Controller drivers make my 128GB Sandisk work without disconnects.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by jimmyg1234 » March 28th, 2016, 4:20 pm

I have a SanDisk ultra sdxc 64gb class 10 card that was randomly disconnecting. Using this guide I installed the sd card drivers and disabled USB2 in the bios but I noticed after testing the speed of the sd card that the speed had dramatically dropped. Before using the drivers from this guide the read speed of my card was 70 to 80MB/s but after using the drivers the read speed dropped to around 11MB/s. After playing around with different combinations of the drivers I found that I can use all of the guide drivers apart from the Intel sd host controller drivers that I switched back to the one that windows installs and the speed went back to 70 to 80MB/s. I have not had the card disconnect yet since doing this but its only been a couple of hours. I am going to stress the sd card a bit and see if it disconnects and will report back tomorrow with the results.

by F0LLETT » March 29th, 2016, 10:41 am

jimmyg1234 wrote:I have a SanDisk ultra sdxc 64gb class 10 card that was randomly disconnecting. Using this guide I installed the sd card drivers and disabled USB2 in the bios but I noticed after testing the speed of the sd card that the speed had dramatically dropped. Before using the drivers from this guide the read speed of my card was 70 to 80MB/s but after using the drivers the read speed dropped to around 11MB/s. After playing around with different combinations of the drivers I found that I can use all of the guide drivers apart from the Intel sd host controller drivers that I switched back to the one that windows installs and the speed went back to 70 to 80MB/s. I have not had the card disconnect yet since doing this but its only been a couple of hours. I am going to stress the sd card a bit and see if it disconnects and will report back tomorrow with the results.

Interesting. I didn't have any drop in speed. Maybe my bios tweaks are compensating. Let me know the result.
Resolute and Industrious

by jimmyg1234 » March 29th, 2016, 11:47 am

F0LLETT wrote:
jimmyg1234 wrote:I have a SanDisk ultra sdxc 64gb class 10 card that was randomly disconnecting. Using this guide I installed the sd card drivers and disabled USB2 in the bios but I noticed after testing the speed of the sd card that the speed had dramatically dropped. Before using the drivers from this guide the read speed of my card was 70 to 80MB/s but after using the drivers the read speed dropped to around 11MB/s. After playing around with different combinations of the drivers I found that I can use all of the guide drivers apart from the Intel sd host controller drivers that I switched back to the one that windows installs and the speed went back to 70 to 80MB/s. I have not had the card disconnect yet since doing this but its only been a couple of hours. I am going to stress the sd card a bit and see if it disconnects and will report back tomorrow with the results.

Interesting. I didn't have any drop in speed. Maybe my bios tweaks are compensating. Let me know the result.

Tested it with the Intel sd host controller driver from this guide and the updated windows driver and am sill experiencing random disconnects. In addition to playing with the drivers I have also tried formatting the sd card in ntfs format and then reformatting to exfat with the same results for both going to have a look at other bios settings when I get some time today.

by F0LLETT » March 29th, 2016, 12:15 pm

So disregarding speed drop. Your saying altering drivers do nothing at all.
Very odd. My 128GB would disconnect within the first 5 mins of accessing. After downgrading drivers. It worked fine. Never had a disconnect again. Didn't have speed issue either. My speed actually increased. I did set caching on for SD however.
Resolute and Industrious

by ugzaniii » March 29th, 2016, 12:25 pm

Cheers F0llett you brought my 64gb sd back from the apparent dead :D
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx 1010
Retailer: eBay

by jimmyg1234 » March 29th, 2016, 2:01 pm

F0LLETT wrote:So disregarding speed drop. Your saying altering drivers do nothing at all.
Very odd. My 128GB would disconnect within the first 5 mins of accessing. After downgrading drivers. It worked fine. Never had a disconnect again. Didn't have speed issue either. My speed actually increased. I did set caching on for SD however.

Just turned the caching on and still get the same speed problems. The card does still disconnect but not as often. I will have to choose between fast speed and frequent disconnection or less disconnects and sluggish speed. May in the future reinstall windows and try again but for the moment I will just live with it. It my just be my card or a faulty sd card slot. Thank you for trying to help and the rest of the guide worked perfectly. Keep up the good work.

by Jonthe838 » April 5th, 2016, 2:34 pm

Hi FOLLETT, thank you for all the work that you've done with the Linx Vision tablet, but I could use some assistance.

I got my Linx Vision yesterday, bought it off ebay so the first thing I did was to factory reset it and I am at the moment downloading all the latest updates and so fourth.
I've tried to use your tweak for the Power Schemes and I've run it both by double clicking and via Administor CMD. (CD'd in the folder where I had it and ran the script) But to no avail. I can't get the power menu to show the new schemes nor the extra options that you have on your screenshot in the first post.

Also I've disabled the USB #2 header, for the moment. Planning on opening the tablet up to see if I can solder a new WiFi ac card or maybe a 128GB nano flashdrive to it. I've not yet decided but I've disabled it for now to conserve power.

I've increased the dedicated graphics memory in BIOS and I'm planning on running your script later tonight when I get back home. Any way to check if it were successful or not?

Also as I were poking around in the BIOS I found a few setting and menus refering to the Android OS. Does this tablet support dualboot?
Thank you so much again!
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Ebay

by F0LLETT » April 6th, 2016, 11:22 am

Jonthe838 wrote:Hi FOLLETT, thank you for all the work that you've done with the Linx Vision tablet, but I could use some assistance.

I got my Linx Vision yesterday, bought it off ebay so the first thing I did was to factory reset it and I am at the moment downloading all the latest updates and so fourth.
I've tried to use your tweak for the Power Schemes and I've run it both by double clicking and via Administor CMD. (CD'd in the folder where I had it and ran the script) But to no avail. I can't get the power menu to show the new schemes nor the extra options that you have on your screenshot in the first post.

Also I've disabled the USB #2 header, for the moment. Planning on opening the tablet up to see if I can solder a new WiFi ac card or maybe a 128GB nano flashdrive to it. I've not yet decided but I've disabled it for now to conserve power.

I've increased the dedicated graphics memory in BIOS and I'm planning on running your script later tonight when I get back home. Any way to check if it were successful or not?

Also as I were poking around in the BIOS I found a few setting and menus refering to the Android OS. Does this tablet support dualboot?
Thank you so much again!

Edit power script and you can see where key is. It should have Connected Standby = 0. You wont see the options I had in my first post as I went crazy, as no install allows you mess with what I was messing with, :). So I decided to remove them from batch file.

Why do you need new Wifi card? its 5G and works excellent.

GFX RAM, check dxdiag.
Resolute and Industrious

by lilredx » July 20th, 2016, 8:57 am

Hey man, thanks for these, any chance we can get the bat files reupped? the only download that worked was the SD fix

Retailer: Currys

PreviousNext