Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision : Help (Linx Vision) - 2

General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision

Re: General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision

by bezussj » March 3rd, 2016, 6:28 am

I figured as much, appreciate the confirmation

Only went looking for folders because when I clicked that I have disk, it didn't default to correct place on drive.

Thanks for your help

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Game
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by dazzadavie » March 11th, 2016, 3:10 pm

F0LLETT wrote:
Ryberius wrote:Hi im trying run the reg files do disable cs but is giving me an error message cannot import not all data was successfully written to the registry. any idea what im doing wrong?
EDIT: I found a way around it and got it working! so far so good SD card working well!!! Thanks man.

Im guessing you were not running bat as admin.

two easy ones, whats bat as i'm getting the error message about, and how do you get to the BIOS on the thing lol

Retailer: Argos

by F0LLETT » March 11th, 2016, 9:48 pm

dazzadavie wrote:
F0LLETT wrote:
Ryberius wrote:Hi im trying run the reg files do disable cs but is giving me an error message cannot import not all data was successfully written to the registry. any idea what im doing wrong?
EDIT: I found a way around it and got it working! so far so good SD card working well!!! Thanks man.

Im guessing you were not running bat as admin.

two easy ones, whats bat as i'm getting the error message about, and how do you get to the BIOS on the thing lol

BAT = BATCH FILE, its a list of commands. So instead of typing them, it runs them from the batch file.
Very handy, as I use them alot in work to save on time. i.e. we image drives for customers, doing manually takes 30 mins. With my tweaked (over years) batch file, it now takes me 2 mins to image a drive. Minimal user input, virtually automated.

I should have read the post better about error, must have been tired. The other users issue is nothing as it just means it won't add everything from bat file. Nothing to worry about.

BIOS, you need to shut down (turn off), then hold VOL+ and POWER buttons until it says "Escape pressed, entering bios".
Be vary careful, as if you alter something you should not, it could render your Vision unusable.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

by F0LLETT » March 12th, 2016, 9:05 am

Since getting a replacement Vision (touch screen stopped working and bios would not let me edit anything), I have noticed massive performance issues relating to Connected Standby. It causes massive latency, even after disabling it, the stock Win10 install shows massive latency.

As I did a backup before I switched on of all drives, I will do a clean install and test. Now I have the ability to put it back to stock, Im not to worried. I really need to stop tweaking and actually use the thing, :).
Resolute and Industrious

by creedofmark » March 17th, 2016, 4:43 pm

I've activated most of your fixes and they've worked brilliantly, but with your sdcard drivers, where do I find the download for them? I tried the link in one of your other posts and got a 404 not found message. Really keen to get this one working as I was about to take my 64gig card back thinking it faulty!

Retailer: GAME

by F0LLETT » March 18th, 2016, 8:53 am

creedofmark wrote:I've activated most of your fixes and they've worked brilliantly, but with your sdcard drivers, where do I find the download for them? I tried the link in one of your other posts and got a 404 not found message. Really keen to get this one working as I was about to take my 64gig card back thinking it faulty!

Opppps!!!!, completely forgot to add link. Will fix tonight.
Resolute and Industrious

by jimmyg1234 » March 20th, 2016, 12:08 pm

I would also like a link to the sd card drivers as I can't find a link on the original post. My SanDisk ultra 64gb works well most of the time but then just randomly disappears. Great job on the rest of the guide by the way.

by Jonthe838 » March 26th, 2016, 1:17 pm

I'm loving your work with the vision tablet! I've bought one online and is waiting for it to be shipped to Sweden! The price of it here is closer to 200£ so I bought it from England and had it shipped here which was a lot cheaper.

Anyways, since one of my major concerns with the tablet was it's memory, I've bought a 128GB SD card so I would appreciate if you could upload the drivers again since the link over in the vision forums doesn't work. I want to be prepared for its arrival so that i can have it working as soon as possible! I'm also looking into making a vpn server so that I can stream my xbox one games on the go via WiFi and vpn.

Thank you for your brilliant guide!
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Ebay

by F0LLETT » March 27th, 2016, 5:54 pm

Jonthe838 wrote:I'm loving your work with the vision tablet! I've bought one online and is waiting for it to be shipped to Sweden! The price of it here is closer to 200£ so I bought it from England and had it shipped here which was a lot cheaper.

Anyways, since one of my major concerns with the tablet was it's memory, I've bought a 128GB SD card so I would appreciate if you could upload the drivers again since the link over in the vision forums doesn't work. I want to be prepared for its arrival so that i can have it working as soon as possible! I'm also looking into making a vpn server so that I can stream my xbox one games on the go via WiFi and vpn.

Currently away as its easter. Will try connecting to home sever now and sort it.

EDIT:- Added here and to first post.
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
Resolute and Industrious

by Jonthe838 » March 28th, 2016, 11:31 am

F0LLETT wrote:
Jonthe838 wrote:I'm loving your work with the vision tablet! I've bought one online and is waiting for it to be shipped to Sweden! The price of it here is closer to 200£ so I bought it from England and had it shipped here which was a lot cheaper.

Currently away as its easter. Will try connecting to home sever now and sort it.

EDIT:- Added here and to first post.
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Brilliant! Thank you so much! I can't wait to get my hands on the tablet now!
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Ebay

PreviousNext