Buzz/interference with headphones

Re: Buzz/interference with headphones

by JaseUK » January 6th, 2017, 10:33 pm

add me to the list. what i found weird was when i opened the on screen keyboard the noise got worse
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

by Orangecroc » January 7th, 2017, 10:31 am

From what I can gather, the more intensive the processor usage, the worse the problem is. It's definitely a cheap hardware issue because Bluetooth sound is crisp and clear.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
Linx User
Linx User

Retailer: PC World

by billybob » July 7th, 2017, 3:44 pm

Late to the party I know, but I have found a way to significantly reduce the interference experienced when using headphones connected to the 3.5mm audio jack.

Out of the box the audio on my Vision had horrendous interference almost all the time which only got worse when using various software - after performing these steps it is no longer present in windows, and mostly gone in fullscreen programs where the hiss/crackle is far quieter and much more bearable; except in steam's Big Picture mode interface which still has loud buzzing/cracking for some inexplicable reason - steam games are fine once launched:

From a fresh restart:

* exit tablet mode
* Right-click/Long-tap the speaker icon in the tray and open "Playback Devices"
* select "Speakers" and click the "Properties" button
* select the "System Effects" Tab
* Tick "Disable System Effects"

Note: I also have my Mic disabled but that didnt seem to make any difference; I have windows sound scheme set to "No Sounds".

My Vision is using the latest Intel Audio driver, not sure if there are different hardware revisions but the above steps offered a significant improvement on mine

Retailer: Argos Refurb

Previous