Wont connect to xbox

Wont connect to xbox

by craguskia666 » December 27th, 2015, 6:12 am

Yesterday it was connecting fine today when i have tried it wont connect at all, ive reset my router, xbox and tablet and still nothing. It wont even connect when i put the IP address in. anybody know a solution?

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Wont connect to xbox

by GunghoDeano » December 27th, 2015, 10:16 pm

I had exactly the same problem, worked fine on Christmas day then suddenly it just refused to even find my Xbox let alone connect to it!
I noticed that the system was updating so I let it do its thing for a couple of hours until it finished, after that my Xbox was showing up again in the connections - still wouldn't connect tho! After trying everything I decided to do a factory reset (go to update system and select recovery) I had to set everything up again but it solved the problem and it now connects again but is now suffering from the 5 second controller disconnect thing which is caused by the windows update, which I think is solved on another thread (I'm heading there now lol)
Hope this helps

Retailer: Pc world

by AndyBaxman » December 28th, 2015, 3:19 pm

Mine wouldn't connect out of the box. Updated the XBox app and it worked for a couple of hours. The following day it wouldn't connect again and I noticed that Windows updates had stalled (a number of updates all at 0% progress, and stuck like that for 4-5 hours).

Restarted the tablet (from the Windows menu) and went to see if the updates were downloading. Tablet froze completely. Hard reboot by holding down the power button and it went into a boot-loop.

Tried a factory reset. Got to 66% and then stopped (for 12 hours). Another hard reset and it's completely bricked.

Even when it was working it was sluggish to respond and even slow to start from standby.

Being sent back for a refund.

Retailer: Expansys

by TheFx1 » December 30th, 2015, 9:00 am

Had the same problem just after upgrading to last version of windows home (build 1511 I think).

The only way I got to fix it was to restore the tablet to original via the recovery menu.

Looks like there is an issue with build 1511.

Retailer: PCWorld

by ukcobra » December 31st, 2015, 12:06 pm

My connection problem exists, prior to going to version 1511.

I am updating the tablet right now, hoping that it might solve my problem of not being able to connect to my Xbox.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Currys

by Sammy1231 » December 3rd, 2016, 9:06 am

Hi can someone help me bought linx vision 8 set it all up a direct then it asked me to update my xbox app on the tablet which I did it then wouldn't load the xbox app at all. I've factory reset it 3 times and still the same. Can anyone help me before I return this

Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Argos

by xphillx » December 3rd, 2016, 11:10 am

I just posted on this as well on a new thread!. So glad its not just me! Xbox app refuses to load and its causing the same problem on my laptop. I only bought it 2 days ago and so far no joy any suggestions ?

Retailer: Amazon

by dangeorge1uk » December 3rd, 2016, 6:04 pm

I've just got my Vision 8 tablet today as well and as you've mentioned above as soon as the app automatically updates it stops the app from working completely!!

Is there anyone we can contact to raise a ticket to get this looked into?

Otherwise I'm going to have to go back to Amazon for a refund as well!

Retailer: Amazon

by Babydave » December 4th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Me to guys, I have reset mine three times and even tried the remind me later on the update. That works and I can connect to the xbox or rephrase I can see the xbox but can't stream games. At least steam works. If anyone figures it out let us know please

by Babydave » December 4th, 2016, 1:21 pm

Hi All

Just sent them a email - it might be worth you all do the same - linxsupport@exertis.co.uk or ring them on 01256 707070

If I get any response I will let you know.

Next