Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Linx Vision stuck in charge mode even when not connected. : Help (Linx Vision)

Linx Vision stuck in charge mode even when not connected.

Linx Vision stuck in charge mode even when not connected.

by F0LLETT » October 21st, 2018, 6:44 pm

Had a search around, anyone else had this issue. It won't charge when on and connected (it doesn't loose charge). If turned off it takes 8+ hours to charge. However charge light stays on no matter.
I have tried removing battery (suprisingly easy to take apart). Held power down for over 1 min to make sure its discharged.
I have also tried resetting bios, yet its still stuck in charging mode.

Ok, looks like charging function is reversed. Plugged in disconnects, unplugged connects and charges. Never had a wierd issue like this before.

EDIT:- Looks like it might have fixed itself. Last option I had (after reflashing bios) was to led it fully charge in off mode. Only had a few mins to check this morning. Will hammer it tonight see if its back to normal.

EDIT 2:- Its happening again, looks like a hardware fault. Pointless contacting Linx. Im sure they will tell me to get stuffed.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Linx Vision stuck in charge mode even when not connected

by F0LLETT » November 7th, 2018, 11:53 pm

Just to follow up. My 1 1/2 year old linx has a hardware issue with charging circuit. I contacted linx, they want me to pay for it to be repaired. 2 year old, I would would be annoyed, 3+ year old, fair enough. Not even 2 years old and its faulty, makes me very annoyed.
Its also not just the Vision, we have seen this across all devices. Every user under warranty have had theirs replaced, never heard of anyone having theirs repaired.

Think I may just give up, finally got mine setup how I wanted it. Then this happens, then stupidly, I forgot to take my 200GB SD out and ended up snapping it. What a way to waste £50, :(.
Resolute and Industrious

by F0LLETT » November 29th, 2018, 11:26 pm

Well, I have given up on Linx. Was going to get 12x64, but as they can suffer from same charging problem, I didnt bother.
Bought myself a Jumper 6 pro tablet. with Apollo Lake CPU, Intel 550 GPU, 6GB RAM and 64GB SSD. It also runs Win10 64bit.
Resolute and Industrious

by Tribolin » December 3rd, 2018, 4:59 pm

F0LLETT wrote:Well, I have given up on Linx. Was going to get 12x64, but as they can suffer from same charging problem, I didnt bother.
Bought myself a Jumper 6 pro tablet. with Apollo Lake CPU, Intel 550 GPU, 6GB RAM and 64GB SSD. It also runs Win10 64bit.

Does that mean you're quitting on supporting the Vision? Maybe I am not the only one that has told you this, but you alone are the reason my Vision is alive and kicking. Just wanted to say thanks really.

Retailer: Amazon

by F0LLETT » December 5th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Tribolin wrote:
F0LLETT wrote:Well, I have given up on Linx. Was going to get 12x64, but as they can suffer from same charging problem, I didnt bother.

Does that mean you're quitting on supporting the Vision? Maybe I am not the only one that has told you this, but you alone are the reason my Vision is alive and kicking. Just wanted to say thanks really.

I still have my vision. So I can still do stuff if needed. I need to upload new ISO.
Unfortunately, I have lost some interest, with Vision fault and this site being rudderless.
Resolute and Industrious