Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision : Help (Linx Vision) - 9

General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision

Re: General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision

by LarrySteve » October 7th, 2018, 5:00 am

Hey, do you think you could try sending me the files to make windows see 256mb vram? Would really appreciate it as I've done everything to make it work good but it is only seeing 128mb so in some games I get terrible fps because my vram is 100%. Thanks
Member
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: August 24th, 2018, 9:38 am
Linx Tablet: Linx 8
Retailer: Ebay
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision

by 90Ninety » October 12th, 2018, 11:59 am

OK have been using the generic drivers , for a while until I thought I'd give IObit's 'Driver booster' a try . The program itself is free and finds latest drivers really well ( it asks for additional licence fee for software tweaks) . Below is the result of a an initial scan
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register
You can only learn how to fix things , if you learn to break them first .
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
 
Posts: 40
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 3:30 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision

by F0LLETT » October 13th, 2018, 11:02 pm

90Ninety wrote:OK have been using the generic drivers , for a while until I thought I'd give IObit's 'Driver booster' a try . The program itself is free and finds latest drivers really well ( it asks for additional licence fee for software tweaks) . Below is the result of a an initial scan


Sure I mentioned Driver Booster. Its great for the free functionality. Finds newer drivers based on your actual hardware codes, not device.

All links backup.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision

by 90Ninety » November 3rd, 2018, 1:45 pm

F0LLETT wrote:
mandyglen wrote:Great post, clear guides, I have changed all recommended settings and I'm very happy with this tablet, the only issue I'm having is really slow read write speeds to memory card (128gb sandisc EVO class 3) I only get speeds of around 2/3 mb/s, not to worry card is full of steam games now!

Thanks for the guides keep up the great work!


Depends on how its formatted. I have mine formatted as ExFAT, card manufacturers use this in all there speed tests.
I get around 70 - 80 MB. Its also important to enable write caching on SD card.


I have now tried three different Micro SD cards and Finally I have decent results

First Card was a Sandisk Extreme 128GB ( First Gen U3 ? Black with Orange Text - from Argos UK) - this gave intermittent results , 80MB read sequential , around 40MB Write . However this would disconnect often , then when downgrading ( loading old drivers ) the speed would drop to 10MB Read - I denoted this to my GoPro instead

Second Card was a first Gen Samsung Evo 128 , this was much more reliable and did not care about which drivers , however speeds were consistently average ( at best ) , with 35 MB sequential read and 20 MB Sequential write . I had been using this for over a year, though noticed certain games would take several minutes to load


Third card was a Sandisk Ultra A1/U1 . After some digging around and quizzing our moderator here ( Follett) , I found that he was using the Sandisk Ultra 200GB ( first gen if im not mistaken ) . So I decided to purchase a 128GB A1/U1 version ( not sure which gen or , red grey card ) . This has been the best so far with the Linx Vision with 85MB Read and 50 MB Write ( sequential ) . Though I have not yet hammered it .

So I am now hoping that the Sandisk Ultra holds up


Thanks Follett for confirming which card model you had - got there in the end it seems !


Edit : I formatted the Samsung as EXFat , for some reason this card becomes undetected when enabling write caching
You can only learn how to fix things , if you learn to break them first .
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
 
Posts: 40
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 3:30 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Re: General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision

by F0LLETT » November 8th, 2018, 12:14 am

90Ninety wrote:
F0LLETT wrote:
mandyglen wrote:Great post, clear guides, I have changed all recommended settings and I'm very happy with this tablet, the only issue I'm having is really slow read write speeds to memory card (128gb sandisc EVO class 3) I only get speeds of around 2/3 mb/s, not to worry card is full of steam games now!

Thanks for the guides keep up the great work!


Depends on how its formatted. I have mine formatted as ExFAT, card manufacturers use this in all there speed tests.
I get around 70 - 80 MB. Its also important to enable write caching on SD card.


I have now tried three different Micro SD cards and Finally I have decent results

First Card was a Sandisk Extreme 128GB ( First Gen U3 ? Black with Orange Text - from Argos UK) - this gave intermittent results , 80MB read sequential , around 40MB Write . However this would disconnect often , then when downgrading ( loading old drivers ) the speed would drop to 10MB Read - I denoted this to my GoPro instead

Second Card was a first Gen Samsung Evo 128 , this was much more reliable and did not care about which drivers , however speeds were consistently average ( at best ) , with 35 MB sequential read and 20 MB Sequential write . I had been using this for over a year, though noticed certain games would take several minutes to load


Third card was a Sandisk Ultra A1/U1 . After some digging around and quizzing our moderator here ( Follett) , I found that he was using the Sandisk Ultra 200GB ( first gen if im not mistaken ) . So I decided to purchase a 128GB A1/U1 version ( not sure which gen or , red grey card ) . This has been the best so far with the Linx Vision with 85MB Read and 50 MB Write ( sequential ) . Though I have not yet hammered it .

So I am now hoping that the Sandisk Ultra holds up


Thanks Follett for confirming which card model you had - got there in the end it seems !


Edit : I formatted the Samsung as EXFat , for some reason this card becomes undetected when enabling write caching


Indeed mine was the first gen one, red writing on it. However doubt I will be doing much anymore as I snapped card and my Vision is broken. Trying really hard to find the will to buy another and sd card.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 9:08 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Re: General Tweaks and Guides for Linx Vision

by 90Ninety » November 10th, 2018, 7:24 pm

F0LLETT wrote:
Indeed mine was the first gen one, red writing on it. However doubt I will be doing much anymore as I snapped card and my Vision is broken. Trying really hard to find the will to buy another and sd card.


I'd donate you one if you can figure out why the linked driver is causing my Sandisk Ultra ( similar to yours ) to bottleneck at 11 MB sequential Read .

When I fist popped in the Sandisk Ultra , it got a seq read of 90MB/s ( with the Official Linx Drivers) , I transferred my steam library and it was working excellent Until.... After a few reboots , the card would unmount and disappear on a restart/bootup . The card would again work fine if I simply reinserted it - Though I am not feeling great about reinserting on each reboot ;s


I am about to give up on this tablet , the support is so poor. I have purchased four different 128GB cards , all with different problems . The only hope is a potential Samsung Pro/ evo + Card now .
You can only learn how to fix things , if you learn to break them first .
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
 
Posts: 40
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 3:30 pm
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

Previous

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Remove Ad