Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Installing Windows 10 *64 Bit* : Help (Linx Vision)

Installing Windows 10 *64 Bit*

Installing Windows 10 *64 Bit*

by CursonMortis » August 16th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Has anyone successfully upgraded the Linx Vision 8 to a 64 bit OS? If so, how could one go about getting this done?

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Laptops Direct
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Installing Windows 10 *64 Bit*

by Gamr13 » August 18th, 2018, 8:36 am

It's fairly easy enough, I'd recommend downloading the driver pack - or making a backup of your own first.
The only issue I came across was WiFi didn't work. I didn't bother trying to fix it so I just went back to the 32-bit OS.

Retailer: CeX
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

by F0LLETT » September 11th, 2018, 10:37 am

Gamr13 wrote:It's fairly easy enough, I'd recommend downloading the driver pack - or making a backup of your own first.
The only issue I came across was WiFi didn't work. I didn't bother trying to fix it so I just went back to the 32-bit OS.

More information, as no one has been able to simply install 64Bit. As far as I know, no one has even been able to do it as 32bit bios blocks it.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Retailer: Argos

by 90Ninety » October 12th, 2018, 11:22 am

Why on earth would you install 64 bit , 32 bit is bloated enough !
You can only learn how to fix things , if you learn to break them first .
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Currys

by F0LLETT » October 13th, 2018, 11:09 pm

90Ninety wrote:Why on earth would you install 64 bit , 32 bit is bloated enough !

Errrm, Vision has a 64bit processor, we are forced to use 32bit OS, which is a bottleneck in itself.
Plus alot of newer software will only run on 64bit. Vision in my opinion is not bloated. It installs same crap with clean iso.
So I wouldn't worry, as windows 10 is designed to run on low ram devices and does a pretty good job.
Resolute and Industrious

by 90Ninety » October 14th, 2018, 2:04 pm

Even if 64 bit worked ( which maybe a challenge as the UEFI BIOS may not support it ) , you will have non stop issues and it will be bloated in terms of storage - good luck updating it also !

In my experience , ( i have repaired and ran support desks for years ) Windows 32 bit trumps 64 bit on low power devices for light duty usage . 64Bit is fine if you have a computer with at least 4GB of RAM and anything other than a budget CPU .

I get that in theory 64 bit is faster/ more advanced, though has never been the case for all of the low end machines I have had to maintain .

They say experience is more valuable than knowledge - just my two pence !
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by F0LLETT » October 15th, 2018, 11:32 am

90Ninety wrote:Even if 64 bit worked ( which maybe a challenge as the UEFI BIOS may not support it ) , you will have non stop issues and it will be bloated in terms of storage - good luck updating it also !

In my experience , ( i have repaired and ran support desks for years ) Windows 32 bit trumps 64 bit on low power devices for light duty usage . 64Bit is fine if you have a computer with at least 4GB of RAM and anything other than a budget CPU .

I get that in theory 64 bit is faster/ more advanced, though has never been the case for all of the low end machines I have had to maintain .

They say experience is more valuable than knowledge - just my two pence !

Yes, for people who are just average users. I personally want 64bit, just so I can install ubuntu command line. Be nice to code on the Vision.
Best feature Windows 10 introduced, it was a pain, switching back and for from linux and windows.
Resolute and Industrious

by 90Ninety » October 15th, 2018, 11:38 am

F0LLETT wrote:Yes, for people who are just average users. I personally want 64bit, just so I can install ubuntu command line. Be nice to code on the Vision.
Best feature Windows 10 introduced, it was a pain, switching back and for from linux and windows.

Fair Point .

I would suggest staying well away 64bit with the vision , unless you have a specific app or function you want to use .

Ive installed x64 windows on machines with 32GB primary drives - nothing but a royal PITA
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

by F0LLETT » October 15th, 2018, 11:45 am

90Ninety wrote:
F0LLETT wrote:Yes, for people who are just average users. I personally want 64bit, just so I can install ubuntu command line. Be nice to code on the Vision.

Fair Point .

I would suggest staying well away 64bit with the vision , unless you have a specific app or function you want to use .

Ive installed x64 windows on machines with 32GB primary drives - nothing but a royal PITA

Yes, but new windows features help solve update issues. Last update, I was prompted to use external storage to up date.
Seems someone with some brains has finally got there way at M$.

Speaking of specific apps. I bet they just want 64bit to play GTA5 (not hacked 32Bit EXE). I already hammer my Vision and I wouldn't even atempt to run that game. Since Tablet Pro added XBox onscreen controller, its awesome for hammering on the move, :).
Resolute and Industrious