Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Controller Dock Issue : Help (Linx Vision)

Controller Dock Issue

Controller Dock Issue

by Boughton929 » July 22nd, 2018, 2:13 pm

Hey folks. I just got my Vision 8 with Xbox Controls working after it died a long time ago. It previously was not powering on or charging. I tore down the tablet and cleaned and re-seated all connections I could. To my surprise it is alive once more!

My only problem is the controller dock is not working. It spent months on a shelf is all, while the tablet was dead.

I get no lights on the controller after resting the tablet into the dock. If I recall it would light up when if not being used, such as during the boot process, but no lights at all.

I cleaned the connections but nothing. No visible damage although the pins on the dock... They are in a concaved pattern toward the center pin, slightly, but it looks uniform and by design. I pulled on them but they appeared to be proper.

I couldn't figure out how to take the controller dock apart after releasing all the screws.

I booted into the bios looking for maybe a setting to enable the proprietary port but nothing stand out.

I'd it's a bad port, the chip which handles the port is independent of the motherboard and looks replaceable if you can find the part, but I'm just not sure.

Any pointers? I appreciate any advice.

Possibly the chip for the port burnt out, or something that handles it on the motherboard did. Before fixing it, the tablet had originally stopped working after it suddenly turned off and wouldn't charge while it was under excessive heat and strain. The dock was not in use when this happened.

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Amazon
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Controller Dock Issue

by F0LLETT » July 25th, 2018, 11:21 am

Boughton929 wrote:Hey folks. I just got my Vision 8 with Xbox Controls working after it died a long time ago. It previously was not powering on or charging. I tore down the tablet and cleaned and re-seated all connections I could. To my surprise it is alive once more!

My only problem is the controller dock is not working. It spent months on a shelf is all, while the tablet was dead.

I get no lights on the controller after resting the tablet into the dock. If I recall it would light up when if not being used, such as during the boot process, but no lights at all.

I cleaned the connections but nothing. No visible damage although the pins on the dock... They are in a concaved pattern toward the center pin, slightly, but it looks uniform and by design. I pulled on them but they appeared to be proper.

I couldn't figure out how to take the controller dock apart after releasing all the screws.

I booted into the bios looking for maybe a setting to enable the proprietary port but nothing stand out.

I'd it's a bad port, the chip which handles the port is independent of the motherboard and looks replaceable if you can find the part, but I'm just not sure.

Any pointers? I appreciate any advice.

Possibly the chip for the port burnt out, or something that handles it on the motherboard did. Before fixing it, the tablet had originally stopped working after it suddenly turned off and wouldn't charge while it was under excessive heat and strain. The dock was not in use when this happened.

Hi,

You have checked switch?

Also, have you tried the firmware update that is in many threads here.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home