Controller Cradle mod

The game-changer that is the Linx Vision is coming soon, talk about the beast here!
Ryberius
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Currys
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

August 17th, 2018, 6:47 pm

So today after barely touching my vision for months because I can't play hardly any of my games on it anyway, I had a brain wave! I've cut the very bottom of the cradle off and opened it up, connected the wires from the 5 pin connector to a 4 port usb hub with the cable run through a hole in the back. It worked and I now have 4 usable usb ports and can still plug the tablet in for power. It's super easy to do since the wires coming off the pins are already colour coded to match a usb pinout. I'll try to find a way to put a few pics up if I can.
Scott337
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Retailer: Tesco

September 3rd, 2018, 5:45 pm

fair play i though it might of ran on a sort of micro usb protocol (5 pins is a giveaway) have you got any pictures id like to try and make some sort of otg cable that uses the port so i can charge me vision at the same time and plug a hub in

also does the controller dock still work
Scott337
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

September 4th, 2018, 9:24 am

Also with the tablet faceup is the pinout the same as the 1020 keyboard connector
Red 5v
Green data +
White data -
Sense
Black ground
Ryberius
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

October 13th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Hey sorry just say your replies, I had a bit of a phone issue and lost the photos i had taken and i cant remember the pin out off hand, I'll have a look when i can. Personally i cut my controller off completely because I dont use my vision for games anyway but in theory i dont see why you couldnt just splice a hub onto the cables.
90Ninety
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro

October 26th, 2018, 3:44 pm

Thats a good idea , simmilarly ; is it possible to create a splitter from the OTG port , so that a charger and usb device can be connected at the same time?
You can only learn how to fix things , if you learn to break them first .
Scott337
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

October 29th, 2018, 5:39 pm

in theory if you could get a single otg to run from the controller port and then you added a usb hub it would leave the mini usb port free for charging as i'm sure neither port support host and charge at the same time