Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Wifi missing on creators update : General (Linx Vision)

Wifi missing on creators update

The game-changer that is the Linx Vision is coming soon, talk about the beast here!

Wifi missing on creators update

by timdeville » April 13th, 2017, 9:06 am

Hi!
So i finally got round to getting a Vision and first impressions were good and all was working fine until I used the manual update to the Creators update. Now i find myselflf without wifi, so I'm not sure what i need to sort.

In device manager, there doesn't seem to be anything missing? Do I just need a wifi driver? and which one does the Vision use?

I find it strange that there is very little official support for Linx tablets. I called their support number, and got to a receptionist that passed me though to somebody who is going to call me back if he can find a driver but they don't normally help the public. So I guess if you buy a Linx tablet normally, your out of luck wth official support?

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: insight
Windows Version: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Wifi missing on creators update

by Walkir » April 13th, 2017, 10:14 am

timdeville wrote:Hi!
In device manager, there doesn't seem to be anything missing? Do I just need a wifi driver? and which one does the Vision use?

The driver doesn't seem to be the problem here. Since if you choose to show hidden devices in the Device Manager, you will see that the driver itself is already installed.

However, I managed to fix the issue on two Linx Vision tablets by holding down the power button during boot.

Try to hold it for 20-30 seconds during boot (still not sure about the timing). Once it boots up, the wifi card should be visible to the system again.
For me, it took a couple of reboots until it finally worked again.

Maybe the timing should be like this (usually solves charging issues too):
1) hold the power button down for a 10 count, then
2) release, and finally
3) press the power button again once and let go

Hope it will work for you too!

You can also find the driver here (supplied from Exertis):
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Dustin
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

by timdeville » April 13th, 2017, 1:02 pm

Well I'm not sure why, but that worked, thank you!

Do you know if this happens often on these and will i have to do that again?

Im not impressed with the official support though. Not web site for drivers, just an email address where you get a mega upload link? And After saying that i had tried a restore and it wouldn't work, i was told to return the product!

Well glad its working and hopefully it will continue to, and thanks again

Linx Tablet: Linx 10
Retailer: insight
Windows Version: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

by Walkir » April 13th, 2017, 2:59 pm

timdeville wrote:Do you know if this happens often on these and will i have to do that again?

Happy it worked for you too!

This is the first time something like this happened to me on the Linx Vision.

Except for times when I messed up myself (like attempt to install Windows 8.1), the Linx Vision has worked great for me. Even bought two tablets, one with a Nordic image and one with the UK based image (available in the download section).

Also had some trouble with Auto-Rotate earlier, but later found out that SpyBot Anti-Beacon was the culprit, since it blocked the sensor.

About the drivers, the can all be found here:
http://linxtablet.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=71

Never been in touch with the support myself, but on another forum they had been in touch with linxsupport@exertis.co.uk

Retailer: Dustin

by wolf02 » April 30th, 2017, 9:48 pm

I had exactly the same problem after updating to the creators update.
I tried all other solutions.
The way that worked for me is to click the device in the device manager...
Click update driver
Click let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
Then select the driver from 2015!!! NOT the one from 2016!!!!
Click next and install that driver, reboot and it worked for me.

If your tablet has lost the old drivers then you may need to extract the files from the drivers suggested by others on the forum but for me the above solution worked 1st time as the other driver sets wouldnt extract or run.

Retailer: argos

by F0LLETT » May 12th, 2017, 10:57 am

I know I have not been around much, however I now have an updated CE fresh installer.
As already mentioned, it installs an incompatible WiFi driver. Simply rolling back to old one works.

I have created a new Fresh install image. I have deleted all wifi drivers accept the one that works.
I have also fixed another issue that I came across. Location and Sensors. For some reason their completely disabled on install by default (in the registry).
I have also found a driver that seems to fix the Sandisk SD card issues once and for all. So will try and include that also, else I will add it as a seperate download.

I will finish tweaking the registry then link to it for others to use. I only made it as my Vision refused to update, as it didn't like something I had installed.

EDIT:- In my messing I now have hard lockup on boot, :(. So will get all my changes done to final ISO image and test it all works. I will then link to it for download.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Retailer: Argos

by HTV04 » June 3rd, 2017, 3:00 pm

Walkir wrote:
timdeville wrote:Hi!

The driver doesn't seem to be the problem here. Since if you choose to show hidden devices in the Device Manager, you will see that the driver itself is already installed.

However, I managed to fix the issue on two Linx Vision tablets by holding down the power button during boot.

Try to hold it for 20-30 seconds during boot (still not sure about the timing). Once it boots up, the wifi card should be visible to the system again.
For me, it took a couple of reboots until it finally worked again.

Maybe the timing should be like this (usually solves charging issues too):
1) hold the power button down for a 10 count, then
2) release, and finally
3) press the power button again once and let go

Hope it will work for you too!

You can also find the driver here (supplied from Exertis):
You need to be registered to view this link, please log-in or register

I have the same problem as well, and I have two questions about this method. My first one is that could you upload a video (if possible) of this process? I'm just confused with the constructions. My second one is how long this lasts. I want to know if this just lasts for one boot or if it will still work if the tablet is rebooted after this fix is done. Thanks!

Retailer: Amazon

by HTV04 » June 24th, 2017, 1:53 pm

I ran the troubleshooter, but no luck. How would I fix this problem? I don't want to have to reinstall any drivers, as I don't have any way to obtain them on my tablet. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

Retailer: Amazon