Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!
LinxTablet.co.uk - Charge + OTG : General (Linx Vision)

Charge + OTG

The game-changer that is the Linx Vision is coming soon, talk about the beast here!

Charge + OTG

by Imitation66 » February 7th, 2016, 12:12 pm

Hi.
I'm new to forums. I usually read them but never register or post.
I am just wondering if anyone has found a way of charging the Vision tablet while using anything connected to usb?
I love the tablet for Xbox streaming but find that holding the controller cradle for extended periods becomes uncomfortable. I sometimes use the controller from my Xbox to play but that means I have to worry about the power drain.
I have ordered and tried various cables from Amazon (anything that the reviewers say works with linx) but none have worked. The closest I got was a 3 port powered otg hub where otg and power showed up for about 30-40 sec then disconnected both.
I have tried changing otg settings in bios as suggested by users of other linx tablets but nothing works.
Has anyone achieved this on the Linx Vision004?

Linx Tablet: Linx Vision
Retailer: Argos
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

ADVERTISEMENT
Remove Ad

Re: Charge + OTG

by Ryberius » February 9th, 2016, 1:33 am

I was wondering this aswell. especially since they can get quite expensive. also has anyone managed to find an otg cable that fits while using the controller as the hole is pretty tiny.
Linx Newbie
Linx Newbie

Retailer: Currys

Re: Charge + OTG

by billybob » July 7th, 2017, 5:15 pm

Again, late to the party but this might help someone...

Regarding an OTG cable which fits through the dock - I just recieved an "Awinner Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable" which is a tight fit but does work without modifying - seems to be the best so far... heres a link to it on amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06 ... UTF8&psc=1

OTG cables work by having a resistor in the cable which signifies data use and prevents charging, a tablet would need a usb circuit designed to ignore that signal and allow charging as well as data; I havent tested it on the Vision but I think its unlikely to work. In addition the 3-way otg cables I have seen dont have the power lines serving the tablet as the power connection is designed to serve the attached device (HDD) I suppose you could build your own in a project box to see if you can charge at the same time as using a usb device but I dont think it's likely.

Retailer: Argos Refurb